𝟚𝟠. 𝕄𝕠𝕣𝕖 𝔸𝕥𝕥𝕒𝕔𝕜𝕤

------

my exams are over now so i'll have a little more time to write lol

still havin a bad case of the writers block but i just had 2 whole packages of corn nuts so i'm rarin to go

this chapter is just a bit of a filler to get the ball rolling but next chapter will be pretty fun !!

------

The Gryffindor party feels a bit weird because Harry, the star of the show, isn't even there to celebrate with us; he's still in the hospital wing for his boneless arm. 

I don't hang out with Oliver as much as I usually do at parties. He spends a lot of his time talking to people and being at the center of the room. 

Once again, I'm left to third wheel Penny and Percy. They're not that bad because Percy seems determined to be professional in front of the younger kids.

As the night goes on, the party dies down a little and I find myself sitting on a loveseat by the fire with Oliver. 

"God, I'm exhausted," he laughs, laying his head back. 

"Ah, but you can't go to bed yet; you're not done being celebrated," I grin. 

"I know; it's the price that comes with fame," he sighs.

I'm about to say something when a loud voice rings through the common room. 

"Everyone must go back to their dormitories at once!" 

"C'mon, it's only eleven pm!" one of the Weasely twins groans. 

"Something has happened. All prefects please make sure everyone is in their rooms and come back here to talk to me." 

"Shit," I mutter, sinking down in the loveseat to keep McGonagall from seeing me outside of Ravenclaw Tower this late at night. 

"Let's go up to my dormitory," Oliver says, nudging me and hiding me from sight with his body as best as he can. 

"Wood!" McGonagall shouts, right as we reach the steps. I quickly start ascending, now completely out of sight. "Tell Weasley to come down here, will you?" she asks. 

"Yes, professor," Oliver says, breathing a sigh of relief. 

We get up to the 6th year boys' dormitory. Oliver leans against the door. There's some breathy shuffling noises coming from inside. 

Oliver raps on the door a few times. "Let's give them a moment," he grins. 

I laugh and cross my arms, leaning against the wall. A couple of seventh years pass us, giving me an extra glance. Oliver just nods to them. 

After a minute has passed, Percy opens the door. We see Percy and Penny both sitting on opposite beds, red in the face and short of breath. 

"McGonagall says she wants to see you," he says, nodding to Percy. Percy nods, his face nearly as red as his hair as he gets up and leaves the room. 

"What happened?" Penny asks, folding her hands. 

"McGonagall just came in and told everyone to get back to their rooms," I shrug. 

"Probably nothing serious," Oliver says. 

We all nod and sit there in silence, wondering what possibly could warrant breaking up a party like that. 

A couple of minutes later, Percy comes in and we don't have to wonder anymore. 

His face is serious and he's still slightly out of breath, but this time its seemingly out of anxiety.