Chapter 31- Not Tonight

Chapter 31

Not Tonight

Disclaimer: I do not own Fairy Tail or its characters, only my own OC's and Ideas

.:+:.

Hora started forward with a ragged gasp, lungs heaving and heart pounding a million times a minute. Her blue eyes snapped open to dim, the world around her shadowed and engulfed in the throws of nighttime dotted with bright lamps- the clash of dark and light made it hard for her eyes to adjust to it, and her mind had an even harder time coming to terms where the hell she was at all.

It seemed... Like way too quiet. Peaceful even, but how the hell could that be right...?

Just like the first time coming back from the Current, she felt like she'd been snapped backwards, wrenched from it with little warning and dumped in her regular world quite abruptly... Only this time her body ached a million times worse, but her lungs felt... Fine...?

Her eyes dropped quickly down, looking herself over and eyes glinting.

... I'm not... Bleeding to death...

Her arms and torso were covered in small bits of dried blood here and there, but she wasn't covered in it- not like she should have been... In fact most of her was fairly well clean, her arms sporting three shallow little cuts each that were the remnants of the clawmarks that had ripped through her. And everywhere else on her chest, neck, ribcage and abdomen- she felt the sting of pain from the cuts still there... But they weren't bad, or at least they didn't feel that way- she couldn't see them at all, what for the bandages that been wound around her person from stomach to chest... The bandages stopped short of her neck and she blinked, the slice that had run over the flesh of her collarbone just as shallow and pink as the ones on her arms- not at all bad and not even a bother.

... That's... Kind of insane...

... Even if Wendy... Used her Magic... And if what Lixue said was... True...

... How am I this okay...?

... I mean... I feel exhausted still... But... I'm not like... Super screwed up anymore...

Her mind whirled, the questions flitting across her thoughts in the few seconds from joking up and quickly giving herself a once over- and in those few seconds she remained utterly unaware of anything, or anyone else around her.

"H-Hora!"

"Atia!"

"Y-You're awake!"

"T-thank goodness...!"

She stiffened, several pairs of arms suddenly snatching her up and piling on top of her in a rush of breathless voices, half-stifled sobs, and shaking bodies pressing tightly against her own. They latched onto her, and held on tightly as if she was going to slip through their fingers altogether, and they gripped harder without meaning to. She nearly toppled over at being jumped upon like that, but one of the many someones had hugged her tightly from behind and saved her from it- but four others were holding her everywhere else, around her neck, shoulders, stomach, even mostly in her lap, and she cringed slightly for being jostled so much, and what sharp stings of pain ran through her for it.

... Owww... Owwww... What the hell...?

Her hands hovered uncertainly, quickly trying to piece together who all had her wrapped up between the lot of them... And who were all crying, their faces pressed against her, trembling and sobbing, and she faltered.