Chapter 30- Ripple

Chapter 30

Ripple

Disclaimer: I do not own Fairy Tail or its characters, only my own OC's and Ideas

.:+:.

Everything was moving, the ground, the trees, the air... It was all swirling passed her in millions of streams, pulling, shifting, prodding, tugging at her as they continued to move and bend around where she stood. All of it a wash of monochrome in a world utterly devoid of color, and yet at the same time she wasn't sure she had seen anything so colorful in all her life. The greys bled rainbow hues one could scarcely imagine, lurking at the corners of her mind and vision- they weren't there, and all at once they were.

She felt like she was being pulled along by the constant motion of the current, the trees bleeding into buildings, into mountains, into sea and lands upon more lands- whisking her away and through places a million miles apart in all but a few seconds... But her feet were stuck hard and fast to the ground, and she wasn't moving. She couldn't move, she was paralyzed- and still she felt like she was falling through... Worlds.

... What... The hell...?

... Where am I...?

What... Happened...?

The world slowed up, the fast paced change of environment stalling on something barren, vast, and so so blurry. A mess of jagged, jittering shapes, figures and clouds of that rainbow monochrome that seemed to desperately be trying to form some scenery. It... Looked maybe like it was meant to be a city...? It was so misshapen though, almost incomplete- and yet somehow it seemed hauntingly familiar.

The colored monochrome streams of air continued to move, flowing sluggishly, weaving in and out of huge blobs that didn't look right, but still eerily reminiscent of houses and shops... Winding without end around her and through what might have been streets, and flowing like a river made entirely of thin air- but she could feel it, heavy, warm, and thrumming with life almost. There was so much movement here, and yet it was utterly quiet. Nothing but unending, sheer silence that seemed as heavy as a million pounds- even her own voice in her head seemed faint, and muffled, and so very far away. Her ears even rung from the quiet, but that too sounded unnaturally subdued.

She stepped forward, her feet no longer stapled to the ground and her body listening again. She walked a few paces into the vast, blurred non-reality of the misshapen city, the ground under her feet swaying and spongy, and bobbing up and down so much she surely shouldn't have been able to keep her balance- and yet it was easy.

Where the hell... Is this...?

Why am I...?

... Don't tell me... I didn't hit my Limit yet, right...? And... passed out...?

I still... Have things to do...

... I promised...

She stopped, her attention casting backward when something rumbled, low and deep and thrumming and still so very subdued by all the silence... but it was there and a shiver ran down her spine.

Was that...?

She turned her head slowly, her heart rate picking up as her eyes found a massive looming shadow swirling into form behind the other blurred remnants of the town- sharp fangs, horns, several stories tall... deadly.

She instinctively recoiled, backing up a few paces as the roar of the Demon echoed over this forgotten place once more- a little louder this time, though strangely distant. She tensed, fear racing like wildfire through her veins and fully expecting the beast to solidify, it's figure sharpening as it began it's path of destruction through the ghostly town anew. For it to be headed straight for her with wicked sharp claws that would rip her open like all that time ago, sending her to land in a crumpled, broken mess among the blood-stained snow, and her life bleeding out of her until Arden came to turn her body to ash from the inside out.