Chapter 7- Separated?!

Chapter 7
Separated?!

Disclaimer: I do not own Fairy Tail or its characters, only my own OC's and Ideas

.:+:.

Hora sighed slightly, her blue gaze shifting over the room around her slowly, landing on each figure of Sting, Rogue, Lector and Frosch where they were strewn about the room on the couch, and a cot that had been pulled from a closet and lain on the floor. They lay, sleeping deeply and completely dead to the world, she doubted she'd be able to wake them before they wanted to- all their tension, fear and worry seemed to have caught up with them tenfold, and hit them like a train. So much so, that they had passed out at her apartment rather than going back to their own... not that she necessarily minded.

She leaned against the doorframe leading in toward the kitchen, her arms crossed over her chest and eyes glinting in the light of the silvery moonlight filtering in through the open window to bathe the room. They had stayed long after she had finished talking, resorting to simply telling her what had been going on at the Guild while she had been out of it, and what measures they had been taking to keep the fact they had helped her against Jiemma's orders out of the limelight. She'd have to thank Yukino and Rufus when she got that chance... but she was a little confused still.

They said that Jiemma had been locked up in his office for the past week, with no reason at all- and that he hadn't been sending out orders or anything. And on top of that, Minerva had been gone on some assignment that her father sent her to, and she still wasn't back either, which meant whatever she was working on was considerably delicate, or difficult. Maybe even both, but what could either of those two be doing?

She had the distinct feeling she was sure to find out when they went to the Guild tomorrow, and she flinched slightly at the feeling of dread creeping into the pits of her being.

Sting, Rogue, Rufus and Orga would be leaving to go on their Training for the GMG soon, so she wouldn't be seeing them at all up until the GMG- Minerva never allowed any 'outside distractions', and it wasn't as if she and Hora saw eye to eye on any regular day anyway. But she would miss having the rest of them around, they would be gone for a number of months.

She coughed into her hand as a flash of pain ran through her chest suddenly, hissing slightly at the metallic taste that came with it, as she turned into the kitchen and away from the sleeping figures so she wouldn't wake them up.

'You feel something is amiss, do you not?'

Hora bit the inside of her cheek for perhaps the fiftieth time, hearing the sudden cold, wispy voice reverberate through her mind again- however much she attempted to ignore it.

Amiss?

Hora stopped beside the kitchen sink, her hands falling atop the edge of the basin and shoulders hunching. Her blue gaze swept out the window set atop the sink, seeing the distant figure of SaberTooth's grand Guild Hall atop the hill at the edge of town, overlooking the darkened and silent buildings of the town cowering in fear under its shadow... always.

She blinked, eyes narrowing and glinting suddenly in slight anger at the thought. She could feel something was off, yes. She felt something deep inside her gut, and it wasn't just that things had changed now that her friends knew how deep her pain was running... it was something else. Something deeper, something darker... it was a feeling that was festering at the edge of her senses, so faint and so far out of reach she couldn't begin to place what it meant- but it was still there. Something heavy, something that had her one edge constantly, and it was getting worse and worse.