Chapter 13- Alone Again?

Chapter 13

Alone Again?

Disclaimer: I do not own Fairy Tail or its characters, only my own OC's and Ideas

.:+:.

Hora bit down on her tongue to keep herself from wincing aloud- she didn't want Lucy to know how painful having the blonde wrap the bandages around her shoulders and torso was, not when she was trying so hard to help. She winced under her breath, her eyes falling closed and teeth grinding down on one another as she kept her hands on her knees, her fingers digging into them slightly and sitting cross legged on the floor.

Natsu and Happy had turned around, their backs to the two girls as Hora's shirt remained folded lightly on the ground next to her- having taken it off so Lucy could get a better look at the wound and treat it.

"... this wound is really deep, Hora." Lucy mumbled, "... It could probably use some stitches..."

"Nah, it'll be ok, promise." Hora replied lightly, smiling gently over her shoulder toward the blonde. "Wrapping it will do just fine, I heal pretty well so it's not a problem. Thank you for helping treat them though, I appreciate it."

"Are you sure?"

"Mhmm, my Magic helps me heal a bit faster than most people, so it's really not so bad." Hora replied, "Trust me, I'm being one hundred percent, completely honest. I'm gonna be fine."

".... alright." Lucy relented, her voice low. Hora could almost imagine the blonde frowning, but didn't turn her head enough to see.

"Speaking of Magic, Hora." Natsu piped in, Hora stiffened slightly. "You said somethin' earlier, one of those Spells." She sweatdropped slightly, her eyes falling on her hands in her lap as she bit the inside of her cheek.

"Fire Devil's-" Hora growled lowly, too low for anyone to possibly hear normally, a waft of air rushing into the Fairy Tailers behind her, causing them to bring their hands up and cover their eyes, their faces washed against by a thick cloud of heat. A flickering visage of a Magic Circle flashed in front of Hora for a split second, before it imploded and air shook with it.

"Guardian Circle!!"

.... she usually didn't say her Spells out loud, she could cast them in her head and so well enough. She'd actually been refraining from casting Spells aloud via vocal cue for a long while now, but sometimes she forgot to keep quiet and just went ahead and said them out loud without really thinking about it- as she had today. She regretted it, though, since her Magic was something of a sore topic and she really wasn't looking to get into it with him... or anyone, really.

"... it almost sounded like one of mine. With the way you cast it." He started, slowly almost as if he was waiting for some sort of reaction. He couldn't see her face, as his back was still turned toward them- and he had to stop himself before he did end up turning around in her direction.

Hora's fingers grazed along the small, carefully polished Communication Lacrima in her lap. It was something she had swiped from the inner most depths of the North Wind encampment, and she found herself drawing her fingers over the smooth glass surface for a few moments in hesitation.

It had taken them another hour or two, to navigate through the underground and find a way out. Now they had halted in front of a large, gaping hole cut into the mountain side that lead deep down into the facility itself- guessing from the sparse forest around them and what she remembered of the geography, they were a few miles from the fake Jiehel. There hadn't been much more fighting on the way back to the surface, there only seemed a few stragglers left- and Hora was fairly certain that some of the North Wind Mages had managed an escape. Not that it mattered much, not with her intent on moving forward to dismantle North Wind entirely. Those that got away today would end up caught in the end.