Chapter 6- What Am I Gonna Do?

Chapter 6
What Am I Gonna Do?

Disclaimer: I do not own Fairy Tail or its characters, only my own OC's and Ideas

.:+:.

It was a very long time ago that I could ever consider things to be simple... It was long before I had Magic, long before I became this person that walks the earth like a twisted shell of a human. An icy cold forlorn figure that somehow finds a way to burn like a raging inferno. I feel like I've been wondering between hell and purgatory for so long...

... Things were easier before I became this. Before that beast. Before everyone... Everyone died.

Things were simpler before this happened, before Jiemma went after me, before Over-Drive managed to snap its jaws on to me, and Rogue and Sting were around to see it. They had to deal with it, deal with me like that... Weak.

Things were simpler before all of this, because now everything has changed. They've seen how broken I am, they've seen how much pain I've been hiding, and they know I haven't told them everything. I asked them to tell me things wouldn't change, and they did... But I know better. Everything's changed.

I can't say I can explain it to them... I'm still afraid. I don't want to lose them, and I feel if I tell them... I will.

Damn it... I wish things were simple. Hundreds of thousands of times over I have wished, wished so badly that I could just go back, back to before that monster, before my life was snatched away, before everything I loved had been ripped to pieces on front of me.

... But... Would I be content..? If I had never met them...? Sting, Rogue... Lector, Frosch... Yukino, Orga... Rufus...?

... If things had stayed simple, I would never have known any of them... And that thought puts some sort of deep, aching hole in my heart.

I... I don't know anymore...

.:+:.

... Brother... What do I do...?

Hora winced slightly, her eyes fluttering open to see moonlight filtering through the train window to her right, barren, rocky land flowing past as the train moved swiftly through the dark night. She sighed slightly, her shoulder brushing against Sting's as she lift her head from his shoulder lightly, careful to keep from waking him up. She smiled sadly at the uncomfortable face he seemed to wear in his sleep, sure some of it was because of his motion sickness, and some of it was still worry she was sure.

Her blue gaze shift across from her toward Rogue, who sat with his back pressed up against the window and the wall, feet up on the seat and Frosch in his arms. Lector was curled up beside her, snoring softly. Hora smiled slightly, feeling a tug in her chest.

... I don't think... It would have been any better...

She lightly drew her fingers across the top of Lector's head, rubbing his ears gently and earning a sleepy purr from him, though he didn't wake up.

... If I had never known all of you.

She slowly drew her hands back up, pressing the sides of them together lightly in front of her chin, palms open to face up as she took in a small breath, her eyes falling closed. She exhaled softly, eyes opening as they glinted with the bright golden and red light of a flame that formed from her breath, the flame licking at the air gently before she sighed, and her Magic faded again.

... Damn it...

"... Is using Magic a good idea, Hora?"

She turned, her blue gaze meeting Sting's own. She blinked, faintly surprised he had woken up, before she cast him a small, reassuring smile and let her hands fall into her lap. "It's ok. It's better to know I can," She smiled slightly, "If I wasn't able to, that'd be worse, hmm?"