Chapter 39- Stay

Chapter 39

Stay

Disclaimer: I do not own Fairy Tail or its characters, only my own OC's and Ideas

.:+:.

"Hora, we need to talk to you about something."

Hora stiffened a little at the words, her eyes flashing as she froze midway through tying the red ribbon from Ira around her wrist again.

The room was quiet, so the click of the door latch in the frame as Lector closed it was easy enough to hear- and a little ominous, since it came right after such a vague 'we need to talk' uttered by Sting, who also sounded a little tense and unsure on top of it.

Hora turned slowly, the ribbon coming loose on her wrist as she tugged it off again and put a pause on tying it. She blinked, dark blue eyes narrowing at the group of Sting, Lector, Frosch and Rogue ahead of her, all four of them hovering slightly not far from where she was over by the balcony doors in that room that had basically been claimed as her own with Over-Drive and everything.

It was just them now, though Wendy, Sherria and Porlyusica had been in a bit earlier to give her one last round of healing and whatnot- you know, after she'd ended up falling asleep in the dining hall yesterday and hadn't woken up again till very early this morning. They'd stopped by to put some more work into healing her wounds and things, and it was the last round of Healing Magic she was gonna get. Her wounds were basically closed up and on the mend/near to the end of it now after them working. Her sprained ankle from the day before was all good, the cuts on her hands too, and the slashes running across her arms and body from the Other Rogue's claws had been rendered little but faint scars now that might (and hopefully would) fade all the way given time. Even the slash running across her ribs from Callan's tail had closed up- though that had left a scar about as big and noticeable as the one running the length of her right arm, and was unlikely to fade at all, not that Hora minded. All in all though?

The bandages that had been holding her body together were all gone now, and she had no more open wounds to speak of... Which was awesome, and made moving much easier- but she was definitely not 100% healed and all okay, even with all that.

There were still some internal things that'd persisted, though they didn't bother her too much if she was careful, and Over-Drive was definitely still hanging over her head. Even with all the Healing Magic in the world, Over-Drive was a stubborn bastard and would not be leaving her be for a long, long time now. She'd likely still be risking coughing her lungs out at every little emotional upset long after this. And given Over-Drive hadn't even managed to fade all the way from when Jiemma beat the shit out of her to three months following, she was in for a very, very long span of much more than three months before Over-Drive went all the way away. Which sucked, but hey- she wasn't all cut to shreds anymore, and she could at least walk around without getting too dizzy (for the most part).

I survived a million things I shouldn't have been able to survive, so I'm not complaining.

However when she turned just now, and saw how every single one of the Exceeds and Dragon Slayers both were fidgeting and uneasy- any amount of not wanting to complain, and kinda feeling like she'd finally managed to get herself a better track got a little deflated.

Hora swallowed, her own posture instantly mirroring their own, albeit a tiny bit less fidgety and a little more confused.

"Talk about what...?" She asked slowly, the four of them exchanging quick and uncertain looks between them as they hesitated half a second or two more, and Hora felt her stomach begin to churn.