Chapter 27- Highest of Stakes

Chapter 27

Highest of Stakes

Disclaimer: I do not own Fairy Tail or its characters, only my own OC's and Ideas

.:+:.

"... Who the fuck cares about all of that?! Let me go right now! I'm gonna tear that bastard apart and then I'm gonna rescue Luce! How could you dumbasses just let her run off like that?!"

"Calm down, Natsu."

"It's not like your 'friend' gave us any choice after she knocked you out. She just left."

"Dude you need to chill."

"The hell I do! She ran off to face the asshole who was killing her! She's in trouble!"

"..b...but Natsu, Hora didn't seem like she was worried about it..."

"Of course she wouldn't Happy! She was willing to let that bastard get away with all of that bullshit, and insisted she had to handle it all by herself! She's fucking stubborn as hell!"

"You're fucking stubborn, Flame-Brain."

"Natsu-san, you just woke up, you should really try not to get too wound up..."

"Perhaps instead of screaming like a child you should explain just what is going on. You clearly understand more about what happened to 'Horatia' than anyone else- who is she to be facing and why are you so angry about it?"

"None of you have managed to tell us much."

"We don't even really understand what happened. As it is, we only just met the chick, and she ran off right off the bat after the kid did her thing."

"She tore up a shit-ton of stuff too. We had to rush out of there before the Council Knights or the Kings Army came in to arrest us."

"With the amount of power that woman had, what adversary could she be facing that would worry you so much, Natsu? Surely she could handle herself- even after the ordeal she seemed quite fine."

"I'm not worried she can't kick his ass, I'm worried she's gonna go too far!"

Hora grimaced slightly, her eye twitching at the loudness of his voice on her ears, even from the distance she was at, he was fucking loud.

"PLUS I WANNA KNOW WHAT THE HELL HAPPENED! AND WHAT SHE'S BEEN KEEPING TO HERSELF THE WHOLE TIME! I'VE KEPT FROM ASKING, AND I'M DONE DOING THAT!"

.... You and everyone else, Salamander...

She sighed, her steps leading her down the last stretch of street in front of the entrance to the Sun Bar and alone in the midnight light of Crocus around her. It was so quiet outside of Natsu's voice, it was almost peaceful... But the day had been anything but.

And she wasn't sure if it was nerves or weariness or what, but that sense of dread that had been hanging over her? It hadn't gone away, which meant that what Jiemma had done and that thing that had swept her away were not the worst things to come... Which would spell for something even more terrible approaching, and that was a chilling thought.

She'd sidetracked a bit back at the Inn to wash off the blood from her hands, and arms and everywhere else, and just altogether clean up a bit, since she was a mess and she saw it in the mirror. She straightened her clothes and brushed through her hair a bit after doing away with the bulk of the grime, and then stuffed a multitude of items in her Requip in case of need. She had the Calling Card in her back pocket and knew the other one connected to it was back with Sting, Rogue, Frosch, Rufus and Orga... Though seeing as how Rogue was conked out and Sting wasn't really talking to her right now...