Chapter 22✔️

(5,103 Words)

A/n: Abe's enemy/ assassin is Marcus Oliver not Marcus Finch I keep mixing him up with the Alchemist from the series who's name is Marcus Finch (I went back and fixed it) Sorry! 😁
An: I am so so so so so sorry that I am a few days late. I had a ear problem all week and I could not focus. Yesterday now technically I was in the hospital to check it out and it's fine just need to take drops till it clears but I've been deaf in my left ear which has been driving me insane. It is currently 5 am , I wanted to Finish before the new weeks. Again I am so sorry and here is the  chapter ( not my favourite chapter to write ) but here it is I hope you like it.
vote, comment, read and  enjoy!😊

Chapter 22

Today was the day of Lissa and Christians early Christmas dinner. Saying I was excited was a lie, other than having Adrian to shop for which was the easiest thing I did this week. Earlier this week Lissa came over explaining how it would go and how the draw went, luckily, I had Adrian and not Tasha.

Truth me told she would not be getting a present the petty side of me could not do it.

We may not be friends or get along, but I would not think we were enemies. Loving the same man was what made us dislike each other but that was about all.

Packing the present and making sure everything was locked up I hastily ran out the door, running late. With both Guardian in tow, I did not bother to wait.

"Rose wait up," Jackson yelled, "Why are you running, we will make it in time."

Without looking ahead of myself, I turned back to yell out to Jackson when I ran into something, or better yet someone. "Sorry about that I was in a hur... Dimitri?" I stepped back embarrassed, I have not seen him since he barged into my home and threated to break my bedroom door down. Looking to his right I saw both his guardians and Adrian behind him.

"Sorry I should have looked where I was going," I apologized again but came out a mumble.

"Little Dhampir, looking beautiful as always." Adrian spoke making me grin at his compliment before he ruined it. "A little more skin could show but I will let you off this time, I am feeling festive."

Shaking my head, I rolled my eyes at his comment. Dimitri's guardians snickered beside him. "Your lucky I am pregnant Ivashkov or id kick your Moroi ass for that comment."  I warned lightly, catching Dimitri's quick smirk did not go unnoticed by me before he started to walk again in the direction I was going.

Walking with Adrian a little behind Dimitri I sparked up a conversation, as the guardians walked together only thing odd was Guardian Brendan now holding a package. I wonder who he got for the secret Santa?

"So, who did you get as a secret Santa?" I asked Adrian, hoping he will give me a clue. The last thing I want is an unexpected gift that could mortify me, Adrian is unpredictable. Especially when no one is there to tell him the boundaries of gift giving. Right now, that I think about it, even Tasha's gift sounds better than Adrian's imagination and credit card limit.

"Why Little Dhampir nervous I bought you lingerie," He spoke loud enough for people to hear, making me shrink down embarrassed. Leaving forward he than adds "Maybe a battery powered friend for those lonely nights." Making me blush nervously. He really went there

"Shut up you fool," I hissed. "the last thing I need is another rumor let alone one about undergarment and the queens great nephew."

"Favorite great nephew, thank you," Adrian jokes giving me a view of his pearly white teeth.

"and technically you've... "He goes to speak pointing in Dimitri's direction.

"Shhh!" I shushed cutting him off before he spills information. No one needs to know that piece of information, also Dimitri himself probably does not know and should not find out this way that he is related to his roommate. Lord knows how much this man can take. Dealing with a miracle child, turning back from a Strigoi which is supposed be impossible. He did not need another bomb dropped down on him while he is still dealing with his other problems.