Chapter 2 ✔️

(1,508 words)

Chapter 2

Pulling into the  bus station in Missoula, I exited the bus and walking  around the  parking lot. Pulling my cell from my pocket and dial Abe's number.  "Hey, it's Rose! Just made it to Missoula like you asked where do I meet you?" Questioning whether if he was serious in helping me or not. "You know, you have your mothers sour face, when she doesn't always get her way." He teased, knowing my mother was a testy Subject. "Turn around, young lady."

Turning around, I spot a dark SUV rolling my way. Once it pulled to a stop Pavel, my old mans head guardian cleared the surroundings and took my bag and opened the back door for me to get in.

Once I made it in safely, I turned to Abe to get down to business.

"So what's the plan, I also have a few things I want to go over like being unpromised and what's to happen in the next little while?''

Abe just laughed. "Yes your definitely our child, straight to business."

Rolling my eyes at his childish behaviour, truth be told  I slightly enjoyed his childish behaviour, unlike my mothers stern unapproachable one I've enjoyed the little banter back and forth . "Look I really appreciate the help, I know you have your creepy business to deal with instead of this, but it means a lot." I smiled, truly grateful despite my pride as an independent adult.

Just as I was about to speak again, I could feel Lissa's hurt through the the bond  distracting me from my current conversation. Her spiralling emotions seeped through our bond, radiating her thoughts and feelings gradually,  pulling  me deeper and deeper into her head.

"What do you mean she is gone." She yelled at Alberta, weaving the letter in the air like a mad man, clearly not happy with Albertas lack of knowledge on where I ran off to yet again. "Where the hell is Rose, why isn't she at the school!" She yelled, causing everyone to flinch in their spots. Through the bond I could feel the hurt and betrayal directed towards me.

"Miss Dragomir, I'm sorry to tell you she left  it was an emergency and left quickly  last night, she asked me to give you the letters which explains everything."Alberta explained to everyone. Looking through Lissa's eyes I see Adrian , Eddie Christian looking distraught at a loss for words. Knowing Adrian he will hate me after this, that letter would tell him what was really going on in my heart, unfortunately it was also the only way for him not to dream walk to me anymore. More importantly, I hoped he could one day forgive me even if it was a long shot.

"Is she going to be okay, is she hurt ?" Lissa asked, worried about my well being in the world without the luxury of a Moroi bank account and protection.  "Don't worry Princess, Rose is going to be okay, something happened and she needed to go away for awhile." She reassured trying to keep her calm. " She also told me to give this to you, to hang on to,," handing my Nazzar to her." Her mother gave it to her as a gift, it a symbol of protection, also something her father gave her mother many years ago. She gave it to you for protection until she returns." Explaining everything to a tee.

Pulling my letter out nervously, Lissa quietly read it not sure what she will discover. You could feel her emotions running through her, not sure what I'm going to say. She was silently praying that I was okay.

Lissa,

I am truly sorry for breaking my promise, but it was necessary. See last night I got a package, in it was a letter and my stake from Russia. Dimitri is alive. He threatened to burn the world and kill everyone I loved until he kills me with his bare hands. See I made myself a target in the Strigoi world back in Russia and a target is on my head, right now I need to focus on fixing this before I put your life in my hands.Your my sister ,my best friend and I couldn't risk you and our friends lives, so I have another task for you in our next adventure only you and Adrian can do. Please take care of him, see in his letter I had to tell him. The truth, leading someone on isn't who I want to be, I want to be Guardian Rose Hathaway guarding my best friend, and going to college in Leigh. Please don't be mad that  you couldn't  join in the action in taking Dimitri down, but in this box will contain books, records and information I jotted down on what I know about restoring a strigoi with spirit from my trip to Russia. Practice your spirit control and very soon I will be ready to spend the rest of my life by your side (hopefully). But I need to get stronger and I need to deal with Dimitri on my own  once and for all, if he  can't be restored I will have to set him free.

It can only be me, I hope you truly understand that I have to do this.

To truly move on.

Please tell Sparky to keep a good eye on you, or else.

It may not be tomorrow but I will find my way back to you.

Love, Rose

"Rose.." Abe's, voices spoke pulling me from Lissa's head. Looking at my surrounds, I realized how much time I spent in Lissa's head. Looking towards Abe, his concern written in his face. "Sorry old man, had  to check in with Lissa." Not really wanting to talk about it, I quickly changed the subject. "So where are we headed to anyways?

"First is my  business deal in Utah, then Pavel and I will take you to one of my homes tucked away until we can deal with that problem of yours." He explained, trying to not mention Dimitri's name. "Then we can deal with the Unpromised problem. Knowing your mother if I don't get you promised she will promise me a life long deal of pain and suffering, so would like to skip that." He smirked, as I cringed at the sudden twinkle in his eye after he said torture in the same sentence as my mother.

"We also wouldn't want our dearest Dragomir Princess guarded by someone else." He smiled, looking back down at his phone in his hands. '' Besides our Queen owes me a favour or two, and your stellar strigoi track record will help our case. Once everything gets settled I will make a visit to her and work a bargain on getting you where you need to be, which is at Vasilisa's side."

"Abe," I spoke momentarily, at a loss for words. "Thank you, it means a lot. Without your help I would either on the side of the road hungry or probably dead, thanks to Dimitri's obsession of me." I joked, trying to keep my self from breaking down in tears.

Apart of me wanted to run and hide behind at St. Vladimirs until graduation, but I knew I had to put my big girl panties on and face this head on. After you receive that promise mark, you sign your life and safety away. Everyday you fight for the survival of the Moroi's  race without them the Dhampir race wouldn't exist, its always been that they come first.

Over the next forty five minutes, we talked a little about Abe's life growing up to a bit about how he and my mother had met and had me. During the conversation he asked a bit about my life at the academy like  how I met Lissa and created a bond with her. Abe seemed interested to know who I was as a person, then what everyone else has said about me. Which was refreshing in my books, to not have to constantly updated explain myself.

Pulling into a private airport, Pavel parked the SUV and told us to stay put as he  surveyed the area. Once he got a clear  signal from another guardian, Pavel withdrew from the vehicle, then pulled Abe's door open  to let us out. "Miss Hathaway, would you follow  Abe and proceed to follow Guardian Brendan and Guardian Jackson to the private plane I will be there in a moment with our belongings." He nodded his head toward the group walking towards the plane. Nodding my head I followed closely behind  Abe surveying, the area as we walked to plane.  As Pavel continued to grab our belongings.

Until then, I asked the flight attendant for a glass of water and a pill  to prepare  for a headache from  hell until we get to Utah for Abe's business deal.

Walking back to my seat I put the eye cover over my eyes and take a much needed nap to Utah.