Chapter 8 ✔️

(Words 2,284)

Chapter 8

It's was the second week of July, with only a few weeks till August. Only a few weeks until Lissa's graduation.

Currently sitting at the kitchen window sipping hot tea as I carelessly gaze out at the pouring rain enjoying the quiet moment to myself. Over the time I've been here I've been running myself rugged , if I wasn't with Abe trying to track down Dimitri I would be with the other Guardians training. Though lately I've been more tired than usual, so having a moment to relax was a blessing in disguise.

This morning I woke up feeling restless, like I needed to do something but didn't know what so instead of worrying about something I can't seem to remember I'm just going to just give up and relax. Especially on this miserable Sunday.

"Hey! Rose can you come here for a second." Guardian Jackson's voice asked from the top floor. 'I spoke to soon.'

I sighed leaning my head back. "I'm coming!" I yelled before taking the last sip of my tea. Placing the cup in the sink ,I exit the kitchen and begin the track up the grand staircase. " Left or Right." I called.

"Left."

Following Guardian Jackson voice through the house, I find her in her bathroom with a drug store bag full of what I can see is make up. Pulling me into the bathroom she locks it behind her " Okay what's going on your creeping me out." I asked, placing my hands on my hips

" Just take this and shut up." She shushed, throwing a box at me. Once I caught it I god a good look a the package than threw it back.

"Don't need it." She throws it back.

"Yes you do." I throw it back.

"No I don't! It's impossible." She throws it back.

"Well if it's impossible then there is no problem trying it."She taunted. 'Bitch'

Taking the pointless test out of the book and looked at her. "What?" She asked confused.

"Turn around." I asked suddenly nervous. 'Why am I nervous?' Its not possible, the only guy I've slept with is Dimitri. What if the impossible is real? How would I protect a baby, Lissa and save Dimitri.' I felt like I was going to puke. My hand where shaking the whole time as I did the test, after cleaning up Guardian Jackson and I waited. 'What if I am a mother, how will I be able to work. Right now I sure miss Lissa.'

"Your going to be okay." Guardian Jackson's voice cut me from my mental torture. "If you are pregnant you have your father and Brendan and I to protect you."

"Well I'm not it's impossible, I've only slept with a Dhampir so it's not possible for me to get pregant ." I reassured a tad bit smug."It's probably just a stomach bug." Suddenly feeling like I somehow lied. "Well then I'll guess you will know I'm a few minutes." And boy did those few minutes take forever.

"I can't look, you look." I said as the timer went off.

"Why do I have to look if your so sure your not pregnant." Smirked at my change of attitude.

"Just give me the damn thing." I groaned. 'Why am I panicking? Dimitri and I can't have kids, no dhampir can produce together.' Looking down at the test, and do a double take. 'Fuck no! This test is a dud.'

"This is not possible." I mumble to myself. "Two dhampir's can't have babies. It's not possible."

"What does it say?"Guardian Jackson asks.