Chapter 23✔️

( 5,400Words)

My favorite chapter is this one so far 😋

⚠️ Warning of a tiny bit of smut. Still not good at writing it so be warned I did my best.

Also news and say to say there is only 4 chapters after this. I have it all planned out. Maybe one day I will write a sequel or another VA fanfic but I want to focus on my own after :)! Thank you to everyone who ha seven here and supporting it means a lot, I will miss you all so much !

The next few chapters I will be excited to write.

Like comment enjoy and follow ❤️

Chapter 23

"Enter," Queen Tatiana's voice spoke as I waited patiently at the doors of her chambers. This morning a telegram from Hans was delivered to me letting me know that Queen Tatiana has asked to see me. Nodding to the Guardian's at the door I took one last deep breath and walked through the thresh hold.

"Your majesty you have asked to see me?" I questioned, suddenly feel like I should have kept my mouth closed. Walking to the middle of the room I stood in the centre and faced Tatiana and the council.

"Yes, miss Hathaway, you are here for a few different reasons. First my great nephew has been by recently and has mentioned you needed to see me?" making draw a blank for a moment. Ah that is right I wanted to discuss Jackson.

"Ah right, well about that I was rather worried about Lissa's safety," clearing my throat before continuing. "Being still a novice and probably don't have any say on who guards Lissa but as someone who cares for her a lot. Recently my mother has been assigned back to Lord Szelsky after being temporarily her guardian leaving only Guardian Castile to guard her."

Tatiana nodded with what I was saying before telling me to continue.

"Anyways I was hoping you would take a look and consider Guardian Laura Jackson for the position. With her skills and history with my father who could vouch for her, and with her going back to Leigh University after the holidays, I thought someone around our age could blend in without sticking out like a sore thumb."

"What about your future?" Tatiana asked out of the blue. "Have you considered what you will be doing after the child is born?"

"Well, I assumed after he is born, I would whip myself back into shape and take the finals to graduate." I replied feeling a bit nervous. The people in front of me determined my future, any wrong words and ill be on desk duty until I retire. The thought of that made my blood turn, even if I messed up, I still deserve a shot at being a guardian even if I could not be Lissa's.

"Well, we are glad to hear that Miss Hathaway," One of the Moroi council leader spoke who I think is from the Lazar family. "We have brought you here for that very reason." Now I was confused, why would I be here for that. Technically I was still a dropout.

"We have been going through your records over the last year and a half and we must say we are rather impressed. With catching up after a two-year hiatus, killing two strigoi's at the age of seventeen, not to mention the kills recorded from the academy attack and Russia." Oh, thank the lord I thought I was going to get my ass chewed out for the Russia stunt.

Tatiana took over to speak she "What we are trying to say is even with you being behind you have been ahead of your classmates and a lot of other guardians. You have caught up and accomplished more than a lot have, so we have two propositions for you as well as title of being a guardian."

"After your maternity leave you can either become the main guardian of Vasilisa as you originally trained for or you can have more time with your child and become head guardian training and leading. You as well as Hans will give fresh guardians from the academy as well as any guardian who wish to learn more extra training and also lead strike teams to take out large groups of strigoi's."