Chapter 3 ✔️

( 1,637 words )

Chapter 3

"Roza, shall we go now?" Dimitri's soft voice spoke, that brought me to focus on my surroundings.

Turning around my first glance was of the golden rays of light bounced off  his hair, as he looked at me confused. "Are you okay Roza?"He asked, his thick Russian accent laced with worry.

My voice was caught, this isn't possible? How is this possible,Dimitri is supposed to be a strigoi not a dhampir? Yet here he is staring at me with his beautiful brown eyes.

"Roza?"

"Ah..uh sorry." I smiled, tightly. "What were you saying?''

Dimitri raised and eyebrow, something is still can't do." I said we need to drop this package off to the guardian headquarters, then go pick Greyson up from your mothers."

"Greyson?"I questioned, totally confused. Who the hell is Greyson, I thought.

"Roza, you sure your okay?"he repeated for the fourth time, while looking at me weirdly.

The thing was that I wasn't, I was not okay because the man looking back at me was Dimitri, my Dimitri. Which is creepy considering the man I love is dead,well undead technically.

Following the 'fake' Dimitri to the guardian headquarters, Dimitri quickly rushed in and out of the building than we walked to my 'mothers' house.

"Mama!Papa!"Greyson yelled, as he ran out of the little apartment, followed by my mother.

Launching his little arms around Dimitri and I he smothered us in tiny kisses. My heart just melted, knowing this could never happen.

"Did you and Nana have a good day together I asked?'' I asked, sending a jot of joy and pain to my heart.

"Oh yes Mama, Nana and I baked brownies today, we also made paintings for her home." He grinned brightly. "Hey! Where are my brownies." I pouted.

"Sorry Mama, I ate them all up"

"Don't worry," I smiled,  glancing at Dimitri's affectionate eyes as he picked our son up. "I forgive you."

Leaning into them, I gave then both a kiss on the cheek.

"Was he good ?"Dimitri asked my mother. Nodding, my mother explained a few details about their days giving me his backpack of what I'd assume would be clothes and other important items.

Saying our final goodbyes to my mother, we walked quietly around court until we arrived at our 'home'.

Knowing full well this is too good to be true this perfect life I'd with to have, would end.

I knew was dreaming, this beautiful boy curled up on a dhampir Dimitri's shoulders, are two things that are impossible if this mission fails.

These two things I couldn't have, yet so desperately what I craved, mind body and soul.

The sad thing is man I loved  and  our child staring back at me, was a fragment of my imagination playing tricks on me.

"Mama, could I sleep with you and Papa tonight." Greyson asked with a pout. "Please."