Chapter 19✔️

(5,311 Words)

AN: Thank you for the feed back! The support is amazing! I am so close to 15,000 reads and 400 votes!! Thank you so much !
Also I'm not a lawyer or the best with law type situations or have ever been to a court so I don't know how they work so if I made a mistake because  I quickly rushed it and worded it sorry i tried my best.

Anyways enjoy!

Chapter 19

Today really was not going great so far, the queen has summoned both Abe and I to see her at an ungodly hour the sun was burning my tired eyes. Thursday morning a day before Dimitri's Trials would conclude why Abe and I being summoned before the trial.

Abe being himself came to retrieve me with Pavel before heading there. He wanted to discuss with me that Adrian was back in the hospital due to exhaustion and refusing to leave Dimitri alone down in the prison cell.  The queen has requested him to stay there for a few more nights.

As we entered the main foyer to the queens chambers, we nod towards the royal guards who stood by silently. "Why exactly has she requested us to get up so early, she couldn't when the world was awake." Yawning tiredly. "Even the Junior here isn't happy either." Referring to my unhappy child who is pushing up against me.

"The faster you get there the faster you can go home and nap," Abe sighed. "Quit your complaining and ill pay for breakfast after." Making my mouth water. The thought of chocolate donuts and bacon and eggs made me hungry, even Jr was thinking it was a good idea with his movements.

With a knock the two guardians at the door, opened it for us. Walking through both Abe and I stood in the middle of the room. Looking up to the Queens chair where she sat, she than finished her talk with Lady Pricilla Voda and got down to business. Getting up from her seat Lady Voda left the room leaving Abe, Queen Tatiana a few trusted council members and I alone with her most trusted Guardians.

"Ah miss Hathaway what a pleasure to see you doing so well. Congratulations are in orders," She spoke starting off on a good note, the last time I talked to her she was threatening to lower the age of dhampirs graduating to sixteen. "As well as a think you for saving my great-nephew Adrian."

"No thanks needed your highness; Adrian is one of my best friends and would do it again if needed." I replied. "May I ask why we are called at this ungodly hour." Abe groaned at my last comment.

Queen Tatiana laughed. "She is exactly how you where back when you were her age Ibrahim. Times do change rather quickly." Abe nodded in agreement, am amused look on his face.

"That she does your highness, she is quite a good mixed of both her mother and I."

"Anyways," Tatiana says clearing her throat. "Back to the main reason you're here is to discuss Mr. Belikov. With events and his trial hours away, we have questioned everyone else on the matters. We gave you a few days to relax and make sure the child is safe, but we couldn't put it off anymore."

Making me nod robotically. Knowing this day was coming, personally id rather climb back in my bed a forget this day ever came. Now I regret staying up late setting up the house.

Starting from the time I left the academy to Russia, I went into detail on his threats, putting my mother in the hospital and kidnapping Adrian. the only thing I left out was the I am in love with my mentor and we had a student teacher bond. As I explained I made it seem like he was more obsessed with me because I had a reputation on the Strigoi would and he felt like it was his duty. Which was not a lie, but they didn't need to know my child and other shit was connected, if they knew what he did there was no way I hell they would let him go. He would most definitely spend a long time locked up for taking advantage of a minor and his student.