Chapter 21✔️

(5,082Words)

Sorry it is late but it was Christmas so that's my excuse lmfao. Anyways this is a late Christmas present to you all ! Enjoy.

An: For Future reference, be aware Liliya is pronounced (Lily).

Chapter 21

My bedroom was my safe haven. Over a week I have been couped up in here numb, scared that if I leave this room, I will have to face the reality. Reality Dimitri is not coming back for us and that someone out there is trying to kill me and take my child.

During the week Jackson and Brendan have been couped up inside as well, taking the odd break thanks to Abe they would have gone insane and bored out of their minds. They have tried Lissa and Adrian outside my door to get me to leave the room, but I just could not bare it. Seeing then give me looks pity or guilt, so they gave up trying to get me to talk even eating was a whole other matter.  Losing your appetite pregnant was a stressful thing, because of the pain and depression I have not been really hungry. For the sake of my child, I force myself to eat as much as what they leave by my bedroom door.

Honestly, if they saw me now, I would look pathetic, bags under my eyes as well as my lack of hygiene I looked like I belonged on the street. No offense to them but it was the only thing I could think of when describing my appearance when I sluggishly went to use the bathroom earlier. Looking up at my ceiling all I could think of was how I could get past this heartbreak the wrenching ache in my heart was a reminder of what I had lost.

A knock at my door broke me out of my thoughts, looking to my alarm clock to see what time it had reminded me it was lunch time.

"Hey Rose, it's just me with your lunch, try to eat as much as you can also you have an appointment tomorrow at noon," Jackson said on the other side of the locked door. "Okay, um your mail is also on the tray as well when you want to look at it. Well, call me if you need anything." She spoke retreating from my door.

"Still nothing?" Brendan asked quietly his voice held concern. They have both been at this all week, trying different things to get me out of this room. Surprisingly, they have not kicked my door down yet, even if they did, I would not leave this spot. No matter how frustrated they are I am still the house owner and they have not gotten Abe involved so they are at a stand-off, for now.

"No nothing, I am really getting worried for her and the child. They both need fresh air and proper food I'm worried she won't break out of this depression." She replied. "Should we call Abe for some help maybe he can get through to her?"

"No not yet, he will be the past resort let me call Lord Ivashkov before we make a decision."

Rolling my eyes, I rolled over on my side intended to sleep this day away. Hoping that tomorrow it would not hurt so much.

Again? The closer to my due date the more dreams I have been getting. Night after night the dreams of what could have been having been taunting me in my dreams. The perfect life, the perfect family.

"Mama, why is Lily sad?" The little boy Greyson asked, staring up at me with such innocence and wonder. "She's crying, why won't she stop crying, mama. I don't like her being sad, it makes me sad."

"Well, my love its because she's hungry, babies need their mommies and daddies to feed them until they get big and strong like you." I grinned down at him with the baby in my arms I move closer to him. Staring at his baby sister in awe Greyson was so much like his father it was uncanny. Though he shared more of my feature's he shared his father's brown eyes and personalities and morals. Liliya was a spitting image of Dimitri. Having named Greyson, I let Dimitri choose her name. Our little Lily.