Medusa

Warning: sexual allusion, traumatic nightmare, rape mention.

Photo by Kat J on Unsplash

----

"What's a Pepsi?

- A drink we had back then, very sugary, why?

- Oh, Lana del Rey talks about it in one of her song.

- Really?

-Yeah. "My pussy tastes like Pepsi cola"

Joel chokes, spitting out the sip of water he just took. She laughs softly at his reaction. She teases him often, too amused at how prudish he can be sometimes. As if the song hadn't been written by a woman of his generation. As if she didn't know what he was capable of when the bedroom door was closed. She keeps teasing him.

"She sure was sweet then."

You're so sweet, you taste like honey. He often tells her that in the privacy of his bedroom, as his lips run over her skin, going down on her body.

She hits the mark, her lover visibly embarrassed that she reports his own words to him in the broad daylight. She could swear she saw his cheeks turn pink before he turned his back on her. She laughs softly and would like to go and kiss him. But she holds back.

It's the rule. Their new intimacy can only be expressed in the shelter of his bedroom. There are too many people around them. Ellie, Tommy... They can come in at any time and surprise them. So they behave, resuming their role as roommates as soon as they emerge from their cocoon. But every now and then, she can't help but make a point to embarrass or arouse him. The words can't be seen.

She hums the song before declaring.

"Man, it would be a great song to pole dance to. It would drive them all crazy.

-Do you miss it? Dancing on a scene like you did.

-Sometimes yes. I was pretty good. I was far from being the best, but I was defending myself. But I don't have the muscles anymore. Nor really the urge. I'm not ashamed but it's my past now. And then I don't know what the people of Jackson would think about that.

-I don't know either. People can be mean sometimes, I don't want you to be hurt.

-Yeah, be honest, you want me all to yourself. Maybe one day I will give you a demonstration of what I can do. But you'll have to be very, very nice to me.

-I always am."

He whispers in her ear as he walks close to her, brushing her skin and making her shiver. He too can be a teaser when he chooses to, having fun making the desire slowly rise in her. Driving her crazy until finally dragging her up to the bedroom to relief her.

Joel is a good lover, but above all he is caring. The more weeks go by, the more relaxed she is in privacy. Because he treats her like no other man have done before. Like any human being should be treated. No matter how turned on or deep inside her he was, he remained alert to her slightest reactions.

The few times she panicked, overwhelmed by memories that didn't want to leave her, he had stopped everything immediately, forgetting his personal pleasure to hold her tight and reassure her until she calmed down and fell asleep, skin against skin.

But sometimes this thoughtfulness is too present, taking over the sensuality of the moment. So one day, after yet another question asked, she had made things clear.

"Ok man, you're killing my buzz right now. Let's say that everything is fine unless I say... Apricot.

-Apricot?!