Honey, nothing's going to harm you now

Warning: light smut

Photo by Ihor Malytskyi on Unsplash

----------

Joel puts his backpack in the entrance, exhausted from his long patrol. The house looks empty, but he knows she's there. As usual, she left her shoes carelessly on the middle of the path. He sighs as he realigns them against the wall, where they should have been from the start. She boasts of doing a lot of the housework, but truth be told, she's also the one making the most of the mess.

In the kitchen, she left him something to eat as she always does. He nibbles a few pieces before putting the plate away. He just wants to find the comfort of his bedroom. He dreams of a hot shower, but the capricious plumbing of the house would make it way too long. For tonight, he will be satisfied with a quick wash with cold water. He can't complain, he's been through a lot worse.

As he climbs the stairs, he hears music coming out of his bedroom. He pauses for a moment on the steps, trying to prepare for what lies ahead. She's going to want to talk. About things that are uncomfortable for him to bring up. What he feels. When she's near him, when her body brushes his, when she probes him with her hazel eyes. No, he can't tell her. It's not right. He can't want these things. She deserves better.

He walks into the room and there she is, in the dark. Sitting in his chair, she stares out the window as an old Janis Joplin vinyl creaks. She doesn't seem to have noticed his presence. He enjoys this pleasant sight for a last moment before speaking softly.

"Hey.

-Hey. Sorry for intruding, I just wanted to listen to some music.

-It's ok.

-You're coming home late.

-Yeah, it took us a bit longer than we thought to clean the place but it's ok now. It was a good patrol.

-Good."

He comes closer, leaning against the bedframe. Silence falls as they stare at each other. She should speak, clear things up as she wished. But a new song fills the room, cutting off that shot. The young woman smiles softly.

Janis Joplin - Summertime

"I love this song

-Me too.

-Make me dance." She finally dares. He looks away, afraid of giving in to his desire to take her against him.

"I don't know...

-Joel, make me dance." She asks a little more confidently, standing up.

"We should not." He's whispering now, when she's dangerously close to him.

"It's ok. It's just us. It's just this room."

She's just inches from him. He doesn't want to resist anymore. He bows at her will and grabs her by the waist. This song doesn't give him much of a choice. Its rhythm imposes a close, sensual embrace. She doesn't even try to pretend anymore and puts her arms around his neck. When she looks into his eyes, what's coming next is just obvious.

She's looking good now,

Hush, baby, baby, baby, baby, baby,

No, no, no, no, don't you cry.

Their noses touch, their mouths brush without ever catching. And the game lasts until his hand slips on her neck gently to bring her face closer. They savor this kiss. A soft kiss, without passion or greed. Just a slow, sensual movement, like the rest of their embrace.