Damn it old man, I hate you

Warning: light smut, mention of her past traumas.

Photo by Ewan Yap on Unsplash

-------

There's really no better way to start the day, Joel thinks to himself as her moans are echoing in the room. He slides his hands behind her back as she's on his laps. He looks at her losing herself in the limbo of pleasure, still amazed that she lets him burrow into her like that.

Suddenly, the front door slams, making them jump. In a reflex gesture, Joel covers her mouth with his hand. Downstairs, it's Tommy.

"Joel, come here!

-Yeah, 2 sec', I'm coming."

He winks at her and she opens her eyes wide as he starts moving his hips again. He knows she's close, he doesn't want to deprive her of a morning deliverance. Keeping his hand over her mouth so that her ecstatic sounds are not heard, he uses his free hand and whispers dirty things into her ear, knowing full well that that way she will come in no time. Tommy can wait a few more moments.

Too focused on her, he didn't pick up on his younger brother's angry tone.

----

A few minutes earlier, Tommy was in the streets of Jackson. As he walked towards his brother's house, he admired the layer of snow which was getting thinner and thinner. Soon spring would be totally here, and they would have to say goodbye to that white coat for a few months. Looking at nature allowed him to distract himself from the thankless task that brought him there this morning.

Before she even spoke, he understood that Maria was going to ask him something unpleasant. He knew his wife too well. He sighed at her request. For him, it's just rumors, it's not the first time that this has happened and turned out to be false. People have to talk about something, it's human nature.

He had finally given in, and thus found himself early in the morning heading for his brother's house. It was ridiculous, Joel and Chloe couldn't be together, it didn't make sense. He smiles as he thinks of the good laugh they're going to have when they'll talk about it. Joel will brush this idea out of his hand and offer him breakfast, and everything will be back to normal within days.

Arrived on the steps of his elder, he raises his hand to knock, but it remains suspended. For some reason he can't explain himself, he prefers to open the door slowly. He enters without a sound, not closing the door behind him. The house seems far too quiet. By this time, Joel should be bustling downstairs. As he walks into the hall, he gets a response, hearing unequivocal noises coming from upstairs.

He was coming to clear up some doubts, and now there are none. He recognized the voices. He feels anger rising in his stomach. He turns and slams the front door before calling for his brother. This one answers him but does not seem to come. The younger goes around in circles, anger growing with every minute the other ignores him. Tommy doesn't want to go upstairs, he doesn't want to see this show, hearing it was more than enough for him to confront his older brother.

"Joel!

-Yeah, yeah, I'm here. Chill brother, what's the hurry?"

The man begins to descend the stairs, still carefree. Tommy doesn't give him time to get downstairs before attacking.

"People are talking in town. Maria asked me to talk with you.

-About what?

-You and Chloe.

-Again? Are people still not over this party?

-Well, next time you decide to shag a girl that could be your daughter, don't act like this with her in front of everyone."