A Winter Night|Beauty and the Beast AU|SFW|Fluff

Here's a very short blurb I had in mind for a Beauty and the Beast AU. It's just a scene I imagined while Nya is at the castle. And yes, this has Snake!Jay as the Beast.

Y'know, as much as I love that movie, one thing I've always had a problem with is that the Beast looks too much like an animal on two legs. The point is that the witch/fairy made him ugly, so you'd expect the creature to look more like a freakish human (think of the monster from Shape of Water).

I don't know, I love the Beast, but when you look at him you don't say "oh that's an ugly human or humanoid thing", you say "oh, that's a weird animal thing". I mean, it's even cute in a way.

Whatever, that's why we have Snake!Jay to be the perfect combo of human and ugly snake.

Third POV

The afternoon sun slowly hid behind the mountains as darkness covered the entire room. Even if their eyes were closed, even if they didn't care, it was still a welcome change to say the least.

As the windows slammed shut on their own, waking her up with a jolt, she quickly hid back under the covers, protecting herself from the cold breeze. She was still wearing her evening gown, after all.

She wrapped the covers tightly around her thin frame, snuggling into them. But just before she could close her eyes again, she heard a hiss behind her.

Wait, hiss?

She didn't get the chance to process anything else before a set of arms and legs were wrapped around her, luckily both covered by fabric. A heavy sigh tickled the back of her neck, followed by a forked, wet tongue.

It came just as fast as it was gone, right in sync with the quiet hiss. She tried not to squirm as she curved into a ball, the grasp around her tightening.

"I see you've woken up," a voice said and her eyes immediately darted to the closet, "I didn't expect you to get this close."

"What even happened, Misako?" she whispered to the talking closet, her face a deep shade of red. "We were dancing just a few minutes ago, how did we end up in my room?"

"Well, you wanted to talk with him so you sat down here after your little dance. You fell asleep and the rest is history," she said with a chuckle. "You know, none of us expected the Master to hug something other than his pillows at night. And yet here we are."

"Misako..." she buried her face in her pillow.

"I know, I know, honey. Just enjoy the moment until he wakes up. He's a heavy sleeper, you know."

"That's... good to know," she said, scooting just a bit closer to him. She gazed down at the claws wrapped around her waist, gently moving them to the side. But, in the end, they managed to escape her grip, landing on her stomach.

"I can always try to wake him up if you're feeling uncomfortable," the closet in front of her said.

"No, no, it's okay. It's... nice."

As much as she expected it to hurt, his grip was comforting, in a way. Comforting enough for her to want to scoot just a little closer, close enough for his face to be buried in her hair.

She sank her cheek against the pillow, taking his clawed hand and drawing circles around it with her hand.

Giving it one small kiss, she drifted off to sleep.