A Year of Kisses|S15|SFW|Fluff

(CONTAINS SPOILERS FOR S15)

A/N

(Vent incoming, ignore if needed)

I was long debating on writing this. I'm mainly writing this to cope I guess (and because I know that most people will only write angst again anyway). I have to accept this whole mess as canon now, and it's not really easy.

This whole thing has left a stain on my enjoyment of the show and Jaya. I wish it didn't have to be like this, but what can you do I guess.

So, here's a fluffy oneshot about the seasons that killed my passion for something that brings me comfort. Hope it gets better with time.

Vent over, enjoy.

(Not NSFW btw but it does contain some intimacy. T-rating.)

♡♡♡

The sound of popping bubbles and gentle humming echoed across the room, coupled with the sweet scent of soap. The candles surrounding the bathtub lit bright, their flames twisting from the gentle night breeze coming in through the small window.

She sunk deeper into the water, resting her hand onto the edges of the wooden bathtub where his own hand lied.

He didn't need to join; the relaxing surprise was only for her after all. Instead, he simply sat down on the floor next to her, stroking her arm and looking into her eyes with a loving smile.

Her body turned around slightly, making her face him with a small smile stretched across her lips.

"You didn't need to," she said, looking down shyly.

"You need it, though."

"You need it more than me..." she said. "You're the one who had to live here alone for months..."

He frowned. "And you almost melted through the floor, so I don't see your point." He looked forward, his back leaning against the wall. "And you're technically wrong; I stayed with my parents for like eight months after I left the Monastery."

She raised an eyebrow. "The guys didn't tell me about that..."

He chuckled to himself. "My ma will once she sees you again. I wonder how she didn't spill it all out through the phone."

She joined in his laughter.

Upon looking inside the bathtub, most bubbles and foam had vanished, pushed to the side to reveal her weak, solid form.

She was not embarrassed to reveal herself to him; at the same time, however, seeing her bare body after such a long time apart made her feel like an oddity sometimes.

Still, he appreciated her all the more; his paintings showed that, particularly the ones that were only for her viewing.

He took her hand gently, helping her stand to her feet. He took the towel from the hanger, his fingertips slightly caressing her skin as he wrapped it delicately around her body.

She raised her leg to step out, but before her feet could even touch the wooden floor, she was scooped up into his arms.

The motion was so fast, so sudden that she couldn't help but burst into a fit of giggles. One arm rested on his shoulder while the other wrapped around his neck, her hair wetting his shirt as her head lay upon his chest.