Safe|S6|SFW|Fluff/Angst

Shameless promo here, the third installment in my original book trilogy is out (well the first chapter)!

Anyways, I wanted to do some fluff here, but then I thought of a super twisted ending and............

Third POV

He brushed his thumb over the spot underneath his now bruised eye, trying to knock that goofy grin off of his face.

It was only a simple kiss, after all; just one small peck for one small injury. She had done it so quickly that he wasn't sure if it were real at first, for her pink cheeks were the only proof he had.

Even then, he wanted more. It felt like he had earned a kiss on the cheek for winning her a teddy bear at a festival. Except that time, there was no festival; he was the teddy bear. The teddy bear who had gotten its butt handed to it over and over again.

And over.

And over.

And over.

He could just barely make out her words as she had cupped his cheek, not reacting to him desperately leaning into her touch.

"What did they do to you?" she had whispered to him, her warm breath tickling his face.

He didn't respond; he lacked the courage to. All that mattered to him was her embrace. Nothing less, nothing more.

Her face was all he could think of; it didn't matter what had happened on that ship when he had a better distraction in his hand. He didn't care how much he would have to stare at her face; he promised himself he would never get bored of it until the thoughts went away.

"Jay?"

The voice woke him up. Internally, at least. He wanted to keep his eyes shut; if any tear were to fall, she'd see him as vulnerable, weak. That was the very thing he swore to hide.

"Oh, right. You're asleep..."

He wanted to open his eyes, he wanted to pull her onto the bed that could barely fit the both of them and hold her until the end of time.

His body started trembling. Maybe it was from sadness, maybe it was from her presence bringing back happy memories to his mind. Even after so much time, he didn't know which was true.

He felt something brush over his body. He just barely kept his eyes open, which, much like his body, were facing the wall, turning his gaze down to look at the blanket that now covered his lower area.

Before he could react, he felt the mattress slowly sink, then rise back up as a shaky breath echoed in his ear, oddly matching with his.

Suddenly, a pair of arms travelled under his, over his sides and eventually coming to a halt at his torso.

Then, the feeling returned, that time on his back. Her whole face was squished against it, just barely reaching his shoulders.

Finally, he heard the sound. A small smooch that was placed on his spine, sending shivers down his body.

"I'm sorry," she heard her voice whisper.

Finally, words managed to come out of his mouth. "It's okay."

"Oh, I didn't realise you were awake," she scooted away, trying to move her arms, only to have them pulled back.

"Like I said, it's okay."

He felt her nod against his back, finally feeling safe enough to close his eyes.

That was, when another question popped into his mind. "Since when am I the little spoon?"