The Cute Blacksmith|Pilots AU|SFW|Fluff

A/N

I've had this one in my mind for a long time now. It's more like an alternate Jaya meeting.

Well, it's more like 'what if Wu visited the blacksmith shop with the other guys tagging along?'. You'll see! :)

Even though it's not Christmas-related, Merry Christmas everyone! ☃️

Enjoy!

┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈

Hours of walking and no Ninja in sight. Well, apart from them, that is.

Was Sensei Wu lying about there being a fourth Ninja? Had this all been but a ploy to get them to train in foreign territory? They kept walking, for they did not know.

A village could be seen in the distance, one so rural, so far away, that its presence on the map was miniscule. Not even their Monastery was that hidden, that unnoticeable.

Despite it being fall, the warmth of the summer months had yet to disappear. On the one hand, that meant that the red trees and orange houses of the village were only brought out more with the warm colour of the atmosphere; on the other, all three of them were wearing black gi underneath their already warm clothes, something that obviously didn't help after hours upon hours of walking.

"Sensei, how are we supposed to find a Ninja in this place?" his youngest student asked rather impatiently, not looking forward to the small hill up ahead.

"You shall see when we get there."

Much to their dismay, his stick dug into the hill's path as he started trailing it all the way to the top.

His students looked at each other and groaned, knowing that a long day waited ahead of them.

As they climbed up, the house started looking more and more like a shop.

And once they reached the top, their suspicions were confirmed.

"The Four Weapons," the sign read.

The Master turned to his students, stroking his long, white beard. "Your fourth teammate is waiting in this shop."

Their eyes widened as they looked at each other once again, not sure whether to believe him or not. Regardless, they chose their Sensei to take their first step, them following shortly behind.

It was a blacksmith shop. Weapons, shields, and helmets decorated the walls all around, an anvil resting in the middle of the room.

Behind the counter, however, a person was knelt down, metal clunks echoing in the room as they searched between boxes of screws and blades.

Their hearts beat anxiously as they approached, and when their Sensei tapped on the bell resting near the cash register, they skipped a beat.

The person jolted up, almost hitting their head on one of the shelves in the process.

They fixed their only slightly disheveled hair, putting a strand behind their ear. An awkward smile soon stretched across their lips.

"Hi. What can I help you with?"

It took a lot of effort for them not to collectively gasp, but their Sensei didn't seem affected.

A girl? Their new teammate was a girl?

Now, they didn't hate girls by any means, but their team had always been sort of a boys' group. I mean, they all shared a room for FSM's sake, how were they supposed to share one with a girl?