Lost at Sea|Mermaid AU|SFW|Fluff

Like Nya as a mermaid? Well, I've got news for you, I'm currently writing a Jaya Monster AU! It's called "Endangered", go check it out on my account!

This scene didn't fit in my story, so here it is as a very short drabble!

Enjoy!

Third POV

The harsh sunlight forced her eyes to focus on the water below as she hovered slowly on ocean's surface, gently pushing the small, wooden boat towards... well, she didn't know yet.

Having found him only a few hours ago, she had no idea where he had come from. Well, she knew he came from land, but other than that... nothing.

It had all started with her exploring a shipwreck at the bottom of the ocean floor from the previous, stormy night. After exploring every nook and cranny, her red tail wrapping around every column and treasure chest as she passed by.

Finally, she had spotted a shadow on the surface above. A small fisherman's boat, presumably the only thing that remained from the storm.

When she swam above to explore it, her eyes widened as she realised someone was lying on that very boat. A young, human man, one whose eyes were closed from the moment she had found him.

She had hoped she hadn't been pushing a dead body for almost five hours, but considering he showed no signs of movement, her worries only became worse.

Finally, she stopped, acknowledging her own exhaustion at last.

Her hands resting against the edge of the boat, she lowered her head and observed the boy on the boat. He looked so comfortable lying there on the wooden bed, one much more comfortable than her own, sandy home.

She smiled just a bit, swishing her tail in the cold water as she inspected his pale, freckled skin, from the ones on his arms to his dotted cheeks.

Moments later, she yawned.

She chewed on her lip as she looked on the small boat. Perhaps it was big enough for the both of them? He was pretty short for a human anyway; yet the realisation that she would probably be even shorter if it weren't for her tail wasn't all that pleasing.

Slowly, she tilted the boat just a bit, receiving no reaction from the boy as she climbed on next to him. Not even the cold water she brought onto the boat could wake him up.

She looked at his face, which was closer than ever before, her lips slightly parting as she tilted her head.

Taking his arm and wrapping it around her shoulder, she sunk further into the boat, her face buried in his neck.

And as her tail wrapped around his legs, trying desperately to get them to fit into the small space, her eyes closed at last.

Minutes later, the boy turned, his arms coming to curl around her body. At last, he took a deep breath.

They were at peace.