A Brat, a Simp, and a Very Tired Gal|Real-Life AU|SFW|Fluff

Yes, I know. Don't mention the title. I ran out of title ideas, okay? 😭

Third POV

"But I don't want to!" the young boy whined for the third time that day, putting on his most innocent of looks.

She tried to put on a smile, but he was sure her eye twitched a little as she spoke. "Lloyd, we need to get going. We both need to get our grades up, you know that."

As he followed her on the crowded bus, he tugged on her arm with one hand, clutching his backpack with the other.

"Yeah, but why math of all things? Couldn't we do PE instead?" he complained yet again.

"Because your mum said so."

"My mum's a history teacher at your high school. Shouldn't she want me to focus on history instead?" he said, throwing his backpack on the row of empty seats.

He, for once, let her have the window seat, rummaging through his backpack as he sat down on the one beside her.

She rubbed her eyes, looking at him with a slight smirk painted across her lips. "Alright then, Mr Smarty-Pants, who was Captain Soto's biggest rival?"

He shrugged arrogantly. "Easy, Clancee."

She let out a slight chuckle as the bus started to move. "Clancee was the janitor, Lloyd. Plus, he probably wasn't even real..." she said. "A sentient, humanoid snake? Come on."

Somehow, he looked offended. "He was a Serpentine, and he was real. Just like Pythor and the Anacondrai were!"

She shook her head. "Sure thing, bud," she patted his back. "Now, be quiet for a bit."

"Who sleeps on the bus?"

"I'm not sleeping, I'm just going to close my eyes for a bit..."

As she leaned against the window, her eyelids slowly closing, all Lloyd was left to do was stare past her through the window, watching as the bus passed the cars near it on the road.

He looked at his backpack again, rummaging through his school books. Unfortunately for him, nothing was there to entertain him.

As the bus came to a stop, he finally let out a sigh of relief as the stranger next to him finally moved over, finally clearing up the view on the other side.

Just like he had expected, the bus was quite empty by the time they had left the bus station outside the Borg Industries. Everyone and their mother worked there in his eyes.

Only a few people entered the bus, but the one that caught his attention was the one sitting on the seat beside theirs.

The teenage boy wore a blue backpack himself, pulling out a comic book from its depths as he plugged his headphones in his phone.

Suddenly, Lloyd's eyes went wide.

"Nya! Look, he has a Starfarer comic!" he exclaimed as he repeatedly tugged on her arm, but she just brushed him off and resumed her slumber.

Giving her a huff, he unbuckled his seatbelt before the bus could begin to move again, tapping on the boy's shoulder.

The teen in question raised an eyebrow, taking off one of his earbuds.