Of Dragons and Satyrs|Fantasy AU|SFW|Fluff

A/N

This is a very late birthday present for the lovely ZappyZaps, an awesome friend and reader. As the beam of positivity we all need, I am obliged to write an equally as fluffy oneshot.

The twist? It's her AU! So yes, I am not taking credit for coming up with this idea but, with her permission, I am accompanying her drawings with a lil' oneshot that I hope she enjoys.

Also, just to be special and honour her drawings, I'm going to do something I've never done before; consider it like reading a graphic novel I guess!

Take care and happy late birthday!

Enjoy <3

❀❀❀

She smiled as she pulled the blanket closer to her body, closing her eyes to bask in its warmth. She looked out the window, though only slightly; she didn't want to be spotted by the other dragons.

If her brother were with her, he would have told her a thousand times already that that was a very, very bad idea. Alas, he was back in their Kingdom, unaware that his little sister had travelled to the enemy's lair.

To be fair, she didn't travel alone; it wasn't the first time either. Because when she approached the giant wall for the first time a few weeks back, and when she dared to peek through its cracks... She saw one of them.

He was equally as scared to see her at the time.

Unlike the rest of his kind, he showed no hatred for her own; while the average dragon would imprison her immediately, he listened; mainly because he needed someone to listen as well.

So, there she was, a few weeks later, finding herself locked in a tower inside the dragons' very palace. "I'll show you my home," he said. "It'll be fun," he said. And yet he hadn't returned in hours.

The dragons' land was so hot, so humid, nothing like her own Kingdom, full of lush forests and sunny days. If only she had suggested that they meet there instead of the palace.

She heard the flapping of wings in the distance. Her little tail wagged rapidly, even if on its own. She jolted up from the floor, approaching the small balcony.

The pair of blue wings, combined with his equally as electrifying eyes, made for a beautiful sight in the night sky. His horns, albeit small compared to the rest of his people, looked just harmless enough to be considered cute.

Of course, she couldn't ignore his smile, one able to immediately seize her worries.

She leaned further towards the edge of the balcony, smiling warmly at him as he landed. She took his hand to help him land.