Playing Around|S7|SFW|Fluff

This one is a gift for MasterofCupcakes , probably my first ever friend on this site, as well as the writer that inspired me to write stories in the first place. A
very happy birthday to you from me and the community 🎂.

And thank you for three lovely years of being on this site with me <3.

Third POV

As Nya's dragon landed outside of the Temple of Airjitsu, it disappeared into thin air. Within seconds, she fell, landing on her butt.

She'd never get used to this, she always told herself, checking her backpack.

In perfect condition, as it should be.

She carefully shoved it back inside, along with some of his favourite cookies (a request she was glad Edna had accepted) before heading in.

As per usual, Kai and Cole were arguing over something, Zane being the one to try and break them apart. If a piece of furniture was one centimetre off, her brother would quite literally fume at him. She never saw him as much of a perfectionist (she had the pleasure to hold that title), but he didn't look to be his best self lately anyway.

"Whatcha got there?" they asked her.

"Nothing of your concern," she replied.

As she made her way upstairs, a sweet scent flooded her senses.

When she peeked inside Sensei Wu's room, he found that he and Lloyd had been drinking her favourite, hot tea. While her Sensei was meditating, Lloyd was practically snoring as his head was tilted slightly towards the ground.

She wanted to laugh, but, afraid she would accidentally snitch on him, she moved on to her final destination.

As she slowly opened the door, she found herself staring at the blue figure in the corner of the room. Sleeping heavily on top of a mattress on the floor with nothing but a blanket and a pillow, she had to kneel down to speak to him.

The pillow, being the only thing he had left to hug was tightly wrapped around his arms, leaving his head to rest on the uncovered mattress.

She gently shook his shoulder, leaning closer as she set her backpack on the ground.

"Jay, wake up," she whispered in his ear, only getting a groan in response.

He rolled over, turning his back on her.

"Jay," she kept tapping his cheek. Still no response.

She thought for a bit; then, she leaned in just ever so slightly, placing her lips on his jawline.

"Jay..." she said again, not taking her face away from him.

Maybe it was her voice, maybe it was the smell of her cookie-scented breath that woke him up. Either way, his eyes slowly opened as he sat up, rubbing his cheek.

Much like their first date, back when the wind had messed up his gelled, perfect hair... it was a mess. She had to admit that his bird nest of a head really did look cute though.

"Hi, Nya," he yawned, scooting over to let her sit.

"Did you sleep well?" she asked him.

"No, not really."

"Do you miss your plushie?" she said, her hand slowly crawling inside the backpack.

"Which of the two?" he tried to smile, only for it to result in yet another yawn.