Spells and Bites (Pt.3)|Supernatural AU|SFW|Fluff

Every fanfic I'm reading right now is in its edgy angst phase so here's some extra happiness 😭.

‧͙⁺˚*・༓☾ Third POV ☽༓・*˚⁺‧͙

The night sky was brighter than usual, a swirl of colours decorating it.

Yet, compared to the lit-up village beneath it, the Smiths' home remained to be brightened.

Since only one week had passed, the full moon had yet to be seen again, a rare phenomenon for the Day of the Departed.

The good thing was that Cole's ears and tail had disappeared by now, though his appetite was anything but gone.

"What do you think they serve there?" he asked his best friend.

"Cole, we're not here for the food!"

"You're not here for the food, Jay," he said. He pointed his thumb at himself. "I am."

"Whatever..." he said, playing with the bouquet of lilies in his hands, caressing their petals with a pout.

He went to knock on the door, but it opened before his fist reached the wood.

The two Smith siblings stood on the other side, one in particular with a smile on her face.

"Hey," said Jay, almost dropping what he was holding. He was sure that if he had a tail like Cole's, it would have probably started wagging at that moment. "Nice dress."

"It's a kimono," Kai deadpanned behind them.

"Oh."

"We'd always wear traditional kimonos during the festival, but ever since those tourists from the City came along, it turned into this 'scary' sort of thing," Nya continued for him. "You know, big scary monsters and all that."

"And everyone believed their legends as true. So now, instead of it being a holiday to honour the deceased, it's just another scary costume party," said Kai, eyeing the two weirdly. "For kids, at least."

"We didn't know about the dress code, to be fair," said Cole, looking at their casual clothing.

"Don't worry about it," Nya said. "You've got the lanterns, that's all that matters."

Looking at their two plain lanterns, they then looked at the siblings'. Their lanterns were decorated with flames and waves respectively, the latter being a gift by Jay during their previous visit.

"Thanks for the lantern again," she said, now walking next to him while the other two followed behind.

"No problem," he said, rubbing the back of his neck. "So... what are you supposed to do with these?"

"First, you decorate them; then, you light them up and finally, at midnight, you let them float to the sky.

"It's about ten now, so we should be able to wander around for a bit," Kai said from behind them, pushing past Cole not-so-discreetly to point at the village. "Unless we speed up the process, that is."

"Don't you dare—"

He took out his wand, sending a fire-like beam to the ground.

When they regained their vision, they were in the middle of the festival. Luckily for them, though, people were too focused on the games and shops around them to notice.

Nya slapped her brother's arm. "What the heck, Kai? What if someone saw us?"

"But they didn't," he smirked. "Come on, let's go grab something to eat."