Part 33: First Impressions Can be Tough

(No excuses this time...I just suck at updating in a timely manner...Thankyou for reading and putting up with my nonsense...Oh and happy new year!)

"What do you think? Brussel sprouts or carrots?"

"I don't know about any of those but I remember that mac and cheese you used to make was pretty fuckin' good"

"Brian! The whole point of you eating at my place tonight was so that we could eat healthy! Brussels or carrots?!"

"...I guess carrots..."

"Hey, you were the one who said you wanted to lose weight and start eating better. Now I compromised on buffalo chicken, you got to have a veggie. No starch! Starch is bad!" 

"Yeah not your best sell, carrots got nothing on mac and cheese"

"Well wait till you try my carrots"

The deal with Nova's new apartment went through and she was now able to call it her own. After some serious negotiating with Brian's help, She had locked it down for a very generous price. It had been a crazy few weeks with moving and still working her full time job with the network but she managed to pull it off and she was no longer under Robin's roof.

She was in love with her new home and all the space she had and thanks to a very sweet house warming gift from Violet, she now had a brand new set of pots, pans, and utensils, meaning that she could now cook and sort of entertain. She could only have a few people over at a time because all her stuff wasn't fully set up yet but once she was more established she really wanted to have a big house warming party.

 Her home was a work in progress, one piece of furniture at a time. 

"Hey do you still have that hot sauce that we got from New Orleans? I used mine up already, that shit was good!" Brian aske Nova.

"Got it right here" Nova said as she proudly showcased a colorful bottle she pulled out of her pantry.

Now that she had her own apartment again, Brian was over quite a bit for dinners and hang out nights, whenever they weren't revolving around their busy schedules. He made a comment a while ago that he wanted to start dieting because they had been eating so crappy during filming season, Nova suggested that she do most of the cooking to help keep him on track. She didn't mind one bit.

Even before their little arrangement, for Brian it was always either eat out, take out, or go to Nova's place for something homemade and it was hard for him to turn down her food. He appreciated how good she still was to him even though they weren't technically together, though it sure felt like it sometimes.  

They were still hanging out in the friend zone but for now it was comfortable. No strings, no stress, no problems. There was nothing complicated about it and things between them had never been better.

 Now that they were approaching the end of their filming season, they had Nova going to all sorts of places. 

She had been to from New Orleans, to California and everything in between several times for episodes and comedy tours and pretty much what ever event they wanted pictures of, which was almost everything. Once in a while Nova was told that she could sit out an event but even though she appreciated the break, she would still want to go, which they were pretty cool about letting her doing.

 Every where they went, there was always something happening and she never wanted to miss out. Now that she saw how busy they were, Nova realized that if it wasn't for them working together, she would never see Brian. There was always somewhere they had to be.