Part 39: It's About Time

Brian rushed back in the blizzard where Nova was as soon as he saw her on the ground. She was propped up against his front passenger tire with her head cocked to the side, resting on her shoulder with snow dusting the top of her head. He squatted in front of her while calling her name. 

"Hey, hey hey! Nova! Nova come on get up!" He urged in a panic while lightly tapping the side of her face. 

Nova breathed in deeply and opened her eyes, much to Q's relief. 

"Hey" She said casually, looking around with fatigue on her face. 

"Oh Jesus! Thank God! You gave me a freaking heart attack, are you okay?!" He asked. 

"Yeah...I'm good...It's cold" She replied blankly. 

"Come on, we need to get you inside now" Brian directed, grabbing her arm to pull her up. 

Surprisingly, he was able to get her up with ease once she got her legs underneath her.

"You sure you're good?" He asked again, not believing her. 

"Yeah, I'm sorry. I don't know what happened...I am just so tired, it all hit me at once" Nova apologized, feeling a little embarrassed as Q led her toward the house with an arm around her lower back, incase she collapsed again. 

"Don't worry about it. I know you're not feeling good. Let's just get you in the house, we are almost there."

Once they crossed through the threshold to Brian's home, he closed the door and made an attempt to help Nova out of her jacket but she shrugged away from him. 

"Thanks but I think I want to leave it on, I'm freezing" She said as she wrapped her arms around herself. 

"Nova, you are covered in snow, you are going to be soaked if we don't get this off of you now, I'll grab a blanket for you. I would seriously take it off" Brian suggested, looking her in the eyes as if he were trying to convince her. 

Nova nodded and allowed him to take off her coat. Once it was off Nova hugged herself and walked to the living room sofa and fell into it shivering. She could feel the heat of the house on her skin but she was still cold, even with the long sleeve shirt she had dressed in. She would have loved a hot shower if she trusted she had enough energy to withstand it. All she wanted to do was go back to sleep. Her body felt weak and achy and she was sure she had a fever.

"I'll run out to the car and grab your laptop tomorrow. I think you need to call it a night. Do you want me to make you some tea or something?"

"Mmmm" Was the only noise that came out of her. 

Brian walked over and she was draped across the side arm of the couch, eyes closed and using her arm as a pillow with her other arm held tight to her mid section. Brian sighed at the sight of her and his eyes softened.

 This poor girl really needed a break. 

He stood in front of Nova and squatted down to take her boots off her feet. He left her socks on figuring she would probably appreciate them being on if she was as cold as she said she was. Tossing her boots to the side of the couch, he grabbed her ankles and lifted them on the cushions so she could lay down. 

He then leaned down and put a hand on her shoulder and said in a quiet voice, "I'll be right back."

Even though Q had a perfectly usable guest room, he didn't have the heart to move her so he would let her stay on the couch. She was in rough shape and the couch was comfortable so she would be fine there for the night. He just wanted to make her accommodations the best they could be so he grabbed a big warm blanket and a plushy pillow along with some cold meds.