Part26 The memories were lost so long ago,but at least you have beautiful ghosts

((((Before I start, I just want to give a little shout out to BlondeBabe97 for all the love and support she has given me on my story. Also I want to let you guys know that she too has a great BQ fic called A Brian Quinn Love Story that she is trying to launch and it would be really cool if you guys can check it out and give her some stars and comments! Thanks! Hope you guys enjoy this one! )))))

Brian pulled up to the building address shortly after Nova gave him the directions. He parked his car and made a move to get out but paused when he saw Nova sitting on the top of the wall to the steps, legs criss crossed and her nose buried in her phone. With her bottom lip tucked in between her teeth it looked like she was very concentrated on what she was doing.

Brian lightly tapped on his horn to get her attention and watched her as she sprang up walked up to his car, her face still in her phone. She had sounded almost panicked when they spoke earlier and he was aching to know what had rattled her so much that she wanted to meet with him ASAP.

 He had a feeling it had something to do with Robin with how her name was the last thing that came up when they were on the phone earlier. 

Nova hastily walked up to Brian's car, accidentally bumping shoulders with someone passing her. She still couldn't figure out why Robin could have lied to her about Brian showing up but the more she thought about it, the more angry she became. Brian said that apparently they texted each other after he left that night and she couldn't remember anything about that. 

Before she accused anyone of anything, she had to see those texts for herself and she knew Brian wouldn't have them saved in his phone because he went through phones like she went through purses and she had already seen him sporting a new phone earlier that day when they were on set together. 

Her only hope was to see if she could try to retrieve them through her phone company, which is what she was currently working hard on. 

She opened to door to Brian's car and got in, jumping right to the reason why she asked him to come in the first place. 

"Okay, so you said that you and me were texting each other after you left the hospital that night, I need to know what I said to you and what you said to me...I have no recollection of that and I have been sitting here trying and pull up the messages from my phone account and I'm not really getting anywhere."

"Well hello to you too" Brian said with some humor in his voice. Nova looked up to meet his eyes and let out a small sigh. "I'm sorry, hi...If you haven't caught on, I'm kinda freaking out right now, can you please tell me what was said?" Nova asked, back tracking herself. 

Brian hesitated to answer. It took him a long time to get over her response to him that day after everything and it felt weird bringing it up.  

"Okay what is going on? You sounded really freaked on the phone earlier and you made me drive halfway across the city to come meet you, what the hell happened?" He exclaimed, answering her question with a question. 

Now it was Nova's turn to hesitate.

 "I...I think Robin is lying to me...She told me you were never at the hospital that night. She said that you called her to tell her what happened and that you said that you were going to meet her there and when she got there you never showed. Now I know I hit my head pretty hard that night but I seriously don't remember texting you anything..."

Q gritted his teeth and dug his nails into his palms. Nova could see a darkness grow in his eyes that led her to believe that she had it right about Robin. "You were there, weren't you" She said after a moment of silence between the two of them.