Part 32: Next!

(((Happy holidays everyone! Thank you all so much for reading and commenting! This chapter is dedicated to AntonellitaD for the sweet message about this fic! I really appreciate any love on this story, it all helps push me to write more! Anyway, sorry if this chapter was a little dull, its kind of a transitional chapter and I promise the next one will have more good stuff in it. I will try to update once more before the holiday! Hope you guys like this one!)))

Much to her approval, life sort of carried on for Nova shortly after Robin left and things suddenly weren't so difficult anymore. Her leg healed, she went back to work with TruTV and everything fell into place shortly after that. 

And things were going great!

 She fell into a routine and her confidence at her new job blossomed as she felt herself getting better and better. She began to feel more comfortable around the crew and totally stepped up her photography game by going around and taking more pictures of the behind the scenes moments behind set and put in the time to help them get release papers signed from the people who appeared on the show.

 It was a blast interacting with everyone and the over all vibe was something that she never thought she would have working on a professional production set for a major network. 

As for her and Brian, they continued to talk and silently decided to take things slow, learning to just be friends for a while. It was actually nice for the both of them because they got to experiance what having a friendship was like, and it oddly took the pressure off of everything. 

When everything first started with Nova and Brian, They never really got to do the friend thing. The initial attraction between them was so mutual and so magnetic that making it from aquaintence to lovers wasn't all that huge of a step and it happened rather quickly. 

These days, they were more care free and there were no more nerves or anxiety when it came to seeing each other. It actually helped them let their guard down more and Nova felt like she got to know Brian on a whole other level, and vice versa. They would just hang out, either with friends or just each other and simply talk, getting to know each other little by little.

 Brian would take her out to movies or shows, and in return she would either pay for drinks or dinner after, whatever they felt like. Nova was a great tag a long person for Brian, especially if Sal or any of his other friends were busy, she was always available and ready to do what ever. Things became so easy for them, easier than they ever were. 

Now that didn't mean that they didn't flirt with each other every now and then but it never went past simple flattery.

Nova decided that it would be in her best interest to vacate Robin's apartment as soon as she was able to. She had no clue when she would be back from rehab (with the way Robin left things, she had a feeling it was going to be a while) but she knew that when she did, Robin would need her space to bring herself some clarity and soundness and Nova could not go back to being her crutch after all the damage she had knowingly done. 

Robin was not the only one that needed to heal.

 Eventually Nova knew she would want to forgive her but it would not be until she felt good and ready to and if she had any chance of being able to do that, she would need to put as much space between her and Robin as possible. 

She still wished her the best and that she recovered, but Nova had to think about what was right for her as well and what message she was trying to send. 

Now that Robin was not around to hover, Nova knew it was the perfect time to get out so as soon as her leg healed (for the most part), she began to search for her new home. She knew that the little bit of pay that she had gotten from working at the network and the club, her savings, and with a little bit of money borrowed from her parents, she could lock a place down ASAP (even if it meant eating ramen noodles for a few weeks).