Part 36: Party In the Hallway

Once Nova exited the bar and got some fresh air on her face, she felt much better. Q and Joe broke out into a fit of hysterics, knowing that Topher got the pay back he deserved and Nova couldn't help but laugh with them.

"You know, this is seriously my brand luck at it's finest!" Nova drunkenly said once they were a few paces from the bar. Their hotel room was pretty close to where everything was at so they did not need to call a cab.

"All I wanted to do was go out and have a good time tonight but noooo...no no nooo! It all just had to end with a scene and me throwing up on my boss!"

"He's not your boss" Q said gruffly. 

"Yeah don't worry Nova...First thing when we get back we are going to go to HR and report this. We promise nothing is going to happen to you, we will make sure he never bothers you again." said Joe. 

"I hope so...I don't think I can ever face him again after this."

"I'm sure the feeling is mutual, at least you aren't the one who needs a new pair of shoes" Q said with a smirk. 

Nova chuckled at Q's remark. 

"I did get him good, didn't I?" She said with a devilish smile and laughed again. 

"Well hopefully that is the last time he ever hits on a drunk woman again" Joe replied. 

"Pfft...Unfortunately I doubt it but at least he got what he deserved" Q said. 

The all stopped at a corner to wait for the crosswalk sign to flash and now that the contents of Nova's stomach were empty, she began to feel like her silly drunk self again. She climbed up onto the base of the crosswalk pole and grabbed Q's hands, dancing to a song that was blasting out of a nearby car. 

"Nova, what are you doing?" Q laughed, smiling at the humor of her behavior. 

"We are dancing!....Yeahhh buddy! Crank that shit up!" Nova answered before yelling at the driver of the car who was supplying the tunes. 

The driver laughed and gave Nova a thumbs up, turning up his volume just like Nova had asked. 

"Whoooooooo!" Nova screamed as she let go of Q's hands and began to grind up on the pole. 

"Jesus Nova, get down from there!" Q said looking back and forth, still laughing as he and Joe tried to pull her down. 

"I'm hungry, we should stop at a gas station or something" She said as she shrugged out of their grasp and walked into the opposite direction. 

"Ohh no you don't!" Joe said as he quickly grabbed her hand and pulled her with them. 

Nova giggled and twirled back to them, stumbling into Q. 

"Sweetheart, you are going to have the worst hangover in the morning and you don't even know it....I guess we should stop and get you something to eat though...Might soften the blow a bit" Q said looking her in the eyes, unable to wipe the smile off his face from her behavior.

It was hilarious to see Nova this intoxicated. Usually she was more of smoker than a drinker and he had never seen her so uncalculated and careless. It was definitely a different look on her and despite the circumstances, he was happy that she was able to let her hair down a bit. It was such a shame that Topher had to ruin it for her but him and Joe would take care of her and make sure she made it back to the hotel okay. 

"There's a convenience store right by the hotel, we can stop there" Joe replied, keeping a hand on Nova's arm so she didn't try to get away from them again.