Part 6: Irony or Just Bad Luck?

Two weeks had passed by since Nova's session with the Impractical Jokers and Nova was as busy as ever. Between working two jobs and trying to find time to edit all the pictures she took from their shoot, along with maintaining her social life, she was swamped. She barely had time to think about Q.

That night was the last time Q tried to reach her. She ended up leaving it at that and not texting him back, but from time to time when she was editing his pictures, staring at his beautiful smile, she still couldn't help but wonder what could have been. To be honest, she had a deep feeling of regret for writing him off but after that eye opening conversation with her friends, she knew it was for the best. At least she thought she knew.

It was now Friday, the end of her work week at the Outlet and she was just finishing up on her last furniture set, working with her assistant Juan. Juan was there to help her move furniture around and to give her an extra set of eyes and opinions when she needed it, though to Nova, he was so much more than just her assistant. He was the gay best friend that every girl wished they had and she loved him dearly.

They met when he applied for a job at the Outlet magazine she worked at. Nova's boss was complaining that she wasn't meeting her dead lines and because of that they were spending a few hundred dollars on extensions. Nova's argument was that if she had help moving all this heavy stuff, she would have an easier time meeting expectations, so they told her to hire whoever she wanted.

After about five or six interviews, Nova found Juan and they had never missed a deadline since. He was a hard worker and had a good eye for detail. Plus he was an over-all blast to work with and very entertaining. He was one of the main reasons why she loved her job so much.

"Hey, me and some friends are gonna head up to Jersey tonight to a new club that opened, wanna be my wing woman?" He asked her, as he moved the last bit of furniture in place.

"I can't, I'm sorry. I'm singing at The Star tonight, otherwise I would love to" Nova replied, adjusting her lights. "Aww bummer...You and I need to really hang out more girl, you need some more Latin spice in your life, you be hanging out with those Gringa's too much, this 9 to 5 shit just ain't cutting it" Juan joked.

"I know I know...You know I love you Juan Juan but I'm just so busy! I'm finally handing over my images that I took from the Impractical Jokers session this week so after that my schedule should free up. They are paying me so much money for those photos, I feel bad that I've had them for this long" Nova complained.

Nova really wanted to get those images back to the network ASAP but what she didn't realize was just how many pictures she shot of them. She was putting her all into every photo and between that and trying to juggle work, she didn't realize exactly how long it was going to take her.

Granted, about five-hundred of the shots were just fun ones she took of the guys and the crew that more than likely wouldn't be used for anything, but they were still images she was proud of and wanted them to have anyway.

"Ohh don't get your panties in a twist, I know girlfriend, but still! We gotta make time. Your work husband is starting to feel neglected" Juan continued.

"Well, you can tell my work husband that I can make some time for him next weekend, if he helps me finish this set in the next hour" Nova sassed back. Juan laughed and continued to push and pull furniture where she needed it and together they walked around, taking close up's and distance shots of all the inventory. They ended up finishing early.

"Great! This will leave me more time to get ready for my first number" Nova cheered as she began to turn all the lights off in the studio and close up. "Pfft, when you gonna get out of that dingy old granny club and go sing somewhere fresh" Juan teased as he took apart the camera.