Part 20: When The Rain Finally Stops

Three months had passed since Nova's hit and run. Three long ass months. They never found out who had hit Nova in the first place and Nova knew that they probably never would. She was okay with that. She was just thankful to be alive and breathing after everything she had been through, knowing that it all could have ended way worse.

Nova's mother was on the first plane out the moment that she got the call about her being in the hospital. Nova tried to tell her mom over and over again that she was fine but her mother Caroline insisted that she came up. Nova was never one who wanted to inconvenience anyone, but she was actually thankful that she did. She may have not realized it, but at that moment Nova needed her mom more than ever.

She stayed for about two weeks and helped Nova settle into her 'new' life, a life of harshly realizing that she was going to have to accept the help of others. She helped Robin and her friends move all of Nova's stuff and got her settled into Robins loft where she would now be residing.

This accident definitely changed Nova's life and shifted it upside down for sure. She had lost her job working at the Outlet, she knew that was going to happen. There was no way in hell Glenn was going to hold her spot.

Even though she had lost her job, she was happy to hear that they gave her position to Juan as the lead photographer. He was one of her best friends and even though her and Glenn never quite saw eye to eye, she was happy that out of everyone, Juan was the one to get the promotion. He deserved it more than anyone and he was a hard worker, she knew he would do great things with his new title. She had taught him well, now it was time to see what he could do.

In result of her losing her job, she was forced to take Robin up on her offer and follow through with her plans of putting her things in storage and moving in with her. It was an adjustment for sure and at the time it was very upsetting to Nova, but eventually she just accepted her fate and realized that this was the way that things were going to have to be if she wanted to stay in New York.

On top of everything, Robin was nice enough to find a place for Nova at her PR firm just answering emails and acting like one of Robin's many assistants. Nova had never realized just how big of a person Robin was in the PR world until she had taken that job. That surly explained how she was able to afford all of those designer brand outfits that she paraded herself around in.

She wasn't making as much working for Robin as she did at the Outlet, but it was enough to get by and give Robin money towards rent, even though Robin assured her many of times that it was not necessary. Her parents would also send her money whenever they could, which she was very appreciative of. Nova couldn't believe how cool Robin was about taking care of everything for her.

And she sure did take care of EVERYTHING. Doctors appointments, grocery bills, meals, helping her shower and get around the first few weeks after her surgery, just about everything. No matter how much Nova would refuse, Robin would still step in anyway and help her out. Sometimes Nova would get annoyed at her forwardness, but she felt like she didn't have any right to complain considering she was on her turf.

She was very grateful to have Robin in her life, as well as Heather and Violet. Between the three of them, they made sure that Nova had a ride and company for just about everything. They would talk often and arrange their schedules to figure out who was going to be taking Nova wherever she needed to go that week. Nova felt like she truly has the best friends of the city.

She still kept her job singing at the club. Granted that was about all she could do, but Mr. Lucas was such an understanding person and he had so much love for Nova that he would either have a stool out or she would sing on top of a piano so she didn't have to walk or dance. As long as she could still sing, that was good enough for him. She was even starting to take piano lessons every now and then from one of her buddies that also had an act there, just to pass time and get her out of the house. She was actually getting pretty good too!