Part 31: The Truth Comes Out

Luckily, Nova's diagnosis wasn't as bad as everyone feared. She ended up being right and the doctor said that she had just pulled a few ligaments and to stay off of it for a minimum of seven days. Nova had seriously counted her blessings and thanked her doctor up and down for giving her good and thorough exam, who in return gave her a good scolding about no doing anything crazy like jumping out of planes when she had a weak appendage. 

He wrapped her knee and wrote her a light script for some pain pills and sent her on her way, stressing again that she take it easy for at least a week. When the nurse wheeled her back into the waiting room so she could go home, Joe was practically falling asleep in his hand and Q was fixated on the TV that was playing in the waiting room. The shutting of the door got both of their attentions as they snapped their heads in her direction. 

Nova had a slight smile on her face as Joe and Q got up. "There she is! How did it go?" Joe asked walking towards her. "Well, it's not broken but the doc still wants me to stay off of it for a week" Nova said gloomy while rolling her eyes.

"Well that's great news, you gotta admit it could have been worse" Q said with relief as he looked down at Nova. 

"Yeah I guess...Looks like I'll have an interesting week ahead of me."

"Well maybe we can talk to Dave and George and see if you can work from home editing content or something...I'm sure they could find something for you to do" Q said trying to cheer her up. 

"Yeah, there's always some behind the scenes work that needs to be done...We will put in a good word for ya" Joe confirmed, giving her a wink. 

"Aww thanks guys! I don't know what I would do with out you" Nova said with a warm smile. 

"Well, now that I know you are going to live to see another day, it's time I head home. I wanna try to make it before Bess falls asleep, I haven't seen her all day" Joe said as he stretched and yawned. 

"Yeah oh course, go! Go home to your woman" Nova said as she made a gesture like she was shooing him away. 

After Joe bent down to place a kiss on Nova's cheek and shook Q's hand, he wished Nova a speedy recovery and the both of them a good night. He then got in his car and drove off, leaving Q and Nova by themselves. 

"Gosh he's such a nice person, he didn't have to stay and wait this whole time, I feel bad that I kept him away from going home to his family" Nova said as Q wheeled her to the passengers side of his car.

"Yeah that's Joe, and don't feel bad, that's how he is. He really loves everyone on set, not just us. He's always been the favorite out of all of us and he really tries to get to know everyone" Q praised as he opened the door. He put a hand under Nova's arm mostly to offer her support if she needed it but she was pretty good about getting into the car herself. 

"You good?" He asked once more before shutting the door. Nova nodded and then he got in the car and began the drive to Nova's place. 

They were pretty quiet on the ride home, mostly exhausted from the days affairs. Nova pressed her head against the cool glass of the window while Q paid attention to the road. They were both deep in their thoughts, Q thinking about everything Joe said and Nova thinking about everything with Robin. 

She still didn't have any messages from her and she was beginning to worry when and if she would ever come home. The two of them had so much to talk about, Nova wouldn't even know where to begin when the moment came. 

When they circled the complex where Nova was staying, Q found his way into the parking garage via Nova's directions and was able to park right next to the elevator. He made his way around to help Nova out of the car who was able to stand up once she was on her feet.