Part 13: Abso-fucking-lutely

(SMUT ALERT!!! You have been warned ;) )

When Nova arrived home, she quickly got busy tidying the place up to make sure it looked good for when Q came over. Living as a single woman by herself and working two jobs, cleaning her cozy little apartment would get away from her every now and then, deciding there were more important things than keeping up on her space. Granted it wasn't like she was ready to star in an episode of hoarders, but she couldn't say she wasn't guilty of letting the dishes or laundry pile up from time to time. 

To make time pass she gave her place a good scrubbing, cleaning the kitchen and bathroom to what she knew as her mothers standards, and even taking the time to change her sheets and make her bed. She turned on both of her wax warmers in her house and cut a lavender wax cube in half, dropping a piece in each one. 

As she was cleaning, she began to think about everything that had happened at her meeting at TruTV today. She felt excited that she would possibly have a job with them in the future. Every time she reminisced about how much they all liked her work, she would beam inside. It was such a wonderful feeling to be recognized by people whose opinion really mattered and potentially wanted to help get her places.. 

Finally, when Nova felt like her apartment was as good as it was ever going to be for Brian, she made herself a cup of tea and planted herself on her couch. She pulled her feet up to her chest and grabbed the remote, deciding to find something to watch now that she had nothing better to do. 

For the time being, she threw on an old episode of Mystery Science Theater 3000 for background noise, and decided to take a small nap before Q came to kill some time. It was now 6PM and she was hoping that Q should be finishing up soon. She dozed off, fantasizing about her future and how much brighter it could be if TruTV found a place for her. 

When Nova woke up it was already dark outside. Jerking up in a panic, she checked her phone to see it was already a quarter after eight and she has two missed calls from Q and a couple text messages. She noticed that the TV had switched to the next episode of her show, making her realize just how long she had been out. 

Q: Sorry, we ran a bit late, I should be there closer to 9

Q: Never mind we finished earlier than I thought. Tried to call but no answer, I'm OTW now

Nova began to dial Q's number and like clockwork, she heard her intercom buzz. Rushing over and hitting the button, she said "Hello?"

"Hey it's Q, I'm here, I'm so sorry I'm late"

"No problem, I'll page you in."

Nova unlocked her door and quickly ran over to her bathroom mirror to check herself out. She fluffed her hair and smoothed out her clothes, wishing that she wore something a little more fancy than an old tank top and a pair of hippy pants. She heard a slow knock on her door and she padded over to let Q in. 

When she opened the door, Brian had a cringing look on his face as he presented her with a pizza. "I am so sorry I'm late, we finished early but stupid Murr made the mistake of telling the board and they roped us into doing a presentation...Please don't be mad" he begged.

Nova blinked and stepped aside to let Q in and said "Oh no, your fine. I ended up falling asleep. It's really no big deal."

Looking relived that Nova wasn't as pissed as he thought she might be, Q stepped in and gradually took a look around as he made his way to the kitchen to set the pizza box down. 

"Huh, so this is where you live" he said, looking around in amusement and setting the pizza box down. "I like it, it's cute."

"Ohh, thanks. I know it's not much but it's home. I wanna change a few things. The curtains are kinda eh and one of these days I'm gonna  see if the landlord will let me slap a few coats of paint on the walls" Nova said as she glanced around the place.