Part 19: Now Is Time To Say Goodbye

Robin was able to get her assistant to handle the Tenderloin's tour so she could be with Nova. There was nothing that could pull her away from her best friend at the time that she needed her the most. Plus Robin wasn't sure what kind of shape Nova would be in just when they found out what was what. She just had to sit and wait and hope for the best.

She was happy that Q was finally gone. He would be nothing but a distraction to Nova right now, and she needed her focus on herself right now more than ever.

Robin felt horrible about everything that had happened with Nova in the last 24 hours. More than anything she wanted to ring Q's neck for letting it all happen in the first place. She just wished that he would leave her friend alone so she could date someone that Robin didn't have to worry about breaking Nova's heart.

From day one when them two started seeing each other, Robin had never taken their relationships seriously. She had been in the entertainment business long enough to know how it all worked and that normal people like Nova were not cut out to date celebrities like Q. It just never worked out and it made her hate Q for pursuing her friend and using her as a crutch for whenever he felt lonely, knowing that one day he would cast her aside like yesterday's garbage. She knew that if he didn't have the status that he had, Nova probably wouldn't have even so much as glanced his way, but she loved Nova too much to judge her for that.

She was thrilled to hear that Nova had turned Q down when he tired to get her to apply at the network. She fully agreed with Nova on her reasons and felt like this world would have been too much for her to handle. Plus she now didn't have to worry about Nova being out of work when Q decided there was a better pool of fish and kicked her to the side. She was happy that they had this dispute before Nova got in too deep and it saved her from having to pick the up pieces afterwards.

Because that is what Robin had always did for Nova. Ever since she had first moved here all these years ago as a scared little girl all the way from Florida, responding to an ad that Robin put out looking for a photographer for an event that she was throwing back then. She was a sweet, beautiful girl with a sick talent behind the camera, that Robin decided to take under her wing. From the moment they met Robin grew a liking for her and shadowed her into meeting all the right people that could get her places.

Sometimes she knew that she was over bearing and pushy but she knew it was for Nova's own good. Sometimes Nova needed it and she would do anything for her best friend, whether if Nova realized if it was for the best or not.

Including making sure Q stayed out of the picture for good...

Robin was sitting in Nova's empty hospital room, waiting for her to get back. Nova was not in her room after Robin got back from retrieving Nova's things so she assumed that they had her pulled for X-rays. She was sitting in the chair, going through emails, when she heard Nova's phone ding several times.

Looking back and forth, Robin casually pulled Nova's phone out of the bag of her things that she had gathered from her apartment. Sure enough it was a text message from Q along with a few missed calls. She took no hesitation in opening it up and reading it.

Hey Nova, I'm not sure
when you will see this but
I Just wanted to let you
know that I am so sorry
about everything. If there
is anything in the world
that you need please let
me know. There is so much
I need to say but I'd really
rather say it to your face
and not via text. I hope
you will give me the
opportunity. I will call you
when I land. Again, I'm sorry.

Robin read the text a couple times and played the words in her head. She just wished he would leave her alone. He had done enough damage and Nova was going to be in no shape to deal with this over the next few days. She had more than enough to worry about. Robin thought hard on what to do, and then she opened up the chat and texted Q through Nova's phone, taking matters into her own hands.