Part 21: You Can't Bullshit a Bull Shitter

It took Nova a while to call Geoff back. The moment that she heard that he was calling from TruTV, her heart skipped a beat and all she could think about was Q. Even though she didn't know what this Geoff character wanted, judging by his message she had a feeling that they were going to be in need of her services again. She remembered what Murr had said after she turned over her images from the original session she had done with the Jokers, that if they liked her work, more than likely they would bring her in again in the future. 

Which means that they liked her work!

But that would mean that they would want to use her with something related to the show and that would place Q right back in her life. They left off so horribly, Nova wondered if she was ready to see him again. She thought that maybe potentially working on his show was going to be too much. 

 But then her logical side would kick in, screaming at her that this is the kind of opportunity she had been waiting for, and it seriously couldn't have came at a better time! 

She loved Robin, but being at her mercy and under her thumb and constantly being in her lime light was starting to make Nova resent their friendship. She knew that it was just because they were together all the time and Robin had a certain air about her that sometimes made her better to deal with in small doses. Once Nova was able to get fully back on her feet and back into her own apartment she was sure things would go back to normal and those feelings would reside. 

The pro's were seriously out weighing the cons, and if taking this meeting meant that she was going to have to see Q again, well then he better get over it because she wasn't going to let anyone take this away from her. 

That is why she called Geoff back. 

That is why she avoided telling Robin and asked Violet to give her a ride to Staten Island.

That is why she was now sitting outside Geoff's office in the TruTV building.

And that is why she was nervously picking at a piece of fringe off of her purse while the secretary outside the door politely smiled at her. 

She owed it to herself to see what Geoff had to say. After everything she had been though, she believed that she deserved this opportunity, and no one was going to tell her otherwise. 

As Nova was sitting there waiting, she was giving herself pep talks on what she had wanted to say. She had her lap top with her and on it she had her portfolio modified and polished, ready to show off, in case they needed to see it again. She was nervous but she felt ready, that was until the next set of events bulldozed her way.

Nova was getting ready to pull out her phone to pass time when she began to hear loud and boisterous laughing. She didn't think anything of it as it sounded just sounded like some coworkers laughing about an inside joke. She opened up her phone and started scrolling through her social media accounts when the voices were getting louder and louder. 

One of the voices started to sound oddly familiar and it made her pick up her head. 

"No fucking way" She thought to herself. It was at that moment when four of the last men she had ever wanted to see came barreling around the corner. They were all still full of smiles and just as cheerful as Nova had remembered when they were all together. 

Nova's mouth dropped along with her heart and her eyes grew wide. She could hear her heart beating loud and booming in her ears. Out of all the men who were still too roped up in their own conversation to notice her, she could only focus on one. 

Brian Quinn. 

Nova watched him as if there was nothing in the world that could pull her focus away. He had the same reaction when he finally noticed she was sitting there.