Part 23: Just Do It

Pretty soon it was time for Nova to start her first day on set. After a good long cry, she had put everything that happened at the Star behind her and braced herself for the first day of working as a set photographer, and she was excited! That whole week, she dreamed out about all the wonderful photos she would take and all the doors this would open for her. 

As excited as she was about photographing the Jokers, she was even more excited for the moment where they would let her branch out and work for other TV shows on the network. Before, Nova wasn't really a big T.V. person, but now that she had this opportunity, she took it upon herself to start watching TRUTV regularly. She began to fall in love with other programs that they had to offer, such as The Carbonero Effect and Adam Ruins Everything. Even if it was a show she didn't particularly care for, she would leave it on as background noise while she was cleaning or playing around on her phone, just to get familiar with it. 

Nova was so excited, she didn't even think about what it would be like to run into Brian. 

Nova confidently strolled up to Central Park, in search of where the IJ crew was setting up. She had taken a cab to the location so she wouldn't wear out her knee too soon and followed the directions to the site that were given to her on an email. When she found the place she was looking for, she walked up, looking around to see who she needed to talk to. 

She was suppose to report to a woman by the name of Allison Lane. They had never spoken in person before, only through email, and Nova was beginning to feel the first set of jitters that one would naturally feel being the new kid on the block. Nova scanned her eyes through a crowd of people who looked too busy to notice her, wondering which one could be Allison. She stopped a man that was carrying a monitor and asked him if he could tell him who Allison was. 

Before the man could answer, a thin and spunky looking girl popped her head up and cheerfully said "That's me! I'm Allison, you must be Nova! Welcome aboard!" 

Nova smiled and before she could say anything, Allison ran over and gave her a big welcoming hug. Taking Nova off guard, she wasn't expecting such a warm welcome and she wrapped her arms around Allison, feeling her nerves die down. 

"Thank you so much for coming today! I'm so happy to see you, gosh you are beautiful! I'm so excited to have another girl on the team!" Allison said with joy. 

"Aww thank you so much! I'm sorry I'm a few minutes late, I haven't physically been in Central Park too many times so I got a little lost" Nova replied sheepishly. 

"No biggie! Happens all the time, you will get used to it. We shoot here a lot. With this being such a big tourist attraction it's one of the better places to shoot because a lot of people don't recognize the guys. Anyway, I'm happy you're here! Just stick by me and I'll show ya the ropes."

Nova smiled. Despite the warning that Sal gave her, she was starting to feel very good about the decision she made. Allison pulled her along and started to introduce her to the crew that she would be working with.

 Quite a few of the crew members she had recognized from the photo shoot she did for the show at the network building and likewise, they remembered her as well. There were few new faces as well that Nova politely introduced herself to. All in all she was feeling good vibes from everyone, especially Allison. 

Allison was something else. She had such an energy about her where she made you feel like you had been best friends for life. She was so welcoming and so bubbly, Nova could tell that because of her personality that she was very respected and everyone loved her. She was very energenic and sassy. As they worked Nova could just feel that there was something good blossoming between them.