Chapter 5 : The egg

Draco found himself dropping outside the Slytherin dormitory and barely managed to steady himself . Looking around for any presence but finding none , he concluded that it must be the early hours of the day .

Silently whispering the password and walking inside , Draco somehow managed to get into his bed without waking anyone up . Now , under the covers , He lazily thought about the classes of tomorrow and the homeworks when he found himself wondering if anyone can sense Luar's magic or presence . If anyone , especially Dumbledore or Voldemort , did then the result would be disastrous . Just thinking about it gave him goosebumps . Doubting himself , he silently whispered , " Hey , Papa ?"

" Yes " ; Luar's voice sounded in Draco's ear .

" What if someone powerful senses you ?"

" They can't . My magic is far superior to anyone in this castle . If there had been someone like that here , I would have already sensed him the moment I got out was of the buried treasury ."

" Oh . Wait , You can sense the people around you ? How ?"

" It's like an extra sense you get when your magic is powerful enough ."

"............."

Please don't parade your 5 course menu when people only have bread !!!! Tsk ! Such a show-off !!!!

" Also , you might have noticed that your magic seems more free and at ease than before ?"

This garnered Draco's attention as he subconsciously felt the magic in his body and around it , finding that his magic did feel more at ease . It was like before his magic could not move very fluidly in his body but now it moved around more freely and his body lost some of its rigidity . He was not particularly rigid , in fact , was physically very flexible , but he did not feel very comfortable in his own skin before . Now , his muscles were loose and his magic was more adapted . Overall , it felt much better .

Seeing Draco's happy expression and as if dumping cold water on his head , Luar explained ," Due to constant pressure , nervousness and unstable emotions , your body and magic were in a highly alert state for a long time . Adding to that , you are in your growing stage where your magic is particularly active as it adapts to nature , tries to form bonds and become stronger , same as yourself . But due to these circumstances , it's behaviour changed according to your emotions , making your body somewhat reject it , making it harder to move within and ultimately , making it harder to grow stronger . "

Draco didn't seem surprised at this . He had read about this before but did not expect that he himself was suffering from the same condition . He was slightly above average among his peers and thought that was his original strength . Above that , he did not notice any symptoms at all . Looking at the curtains covering the top of the bed , he blinked and remained silent , urging Luar to keep going .

Understanding him , Luar continued ," Over that is the anomaly of your soulbonds which makes it worse . If you go like this , the consequences will be bad . It can even handicap your magic , making you a squib . We should first treat this before our next step ."

Growing solemnly , Draco said in a decided tone ," No , I don't have time for this . I need to do so much . This will only delay things , it won't make anything better ."

Luar , who was troubled by Draco's words , sounded ," You don't understand , Draco . Let alone defend yourself , you won't even be able to survive removing that slave mark !! "

" What does this have to do with removing the dark mark ?" ; Losing his temper , Draco hissed angrily . If not for his roommates sleeping just beyond the covers , he would have shouted it out .