Chapter 13 : On The Road, To The Journey

Ron stood in the huge and cheerful crowd, watching as his elder brother and new sister-in-law danced in graceful twirlls and circles . It bought him a solace to see the smile on their faces and the unconditional love in their eyes. He was happy that they got their share of heaven before hell descended.

His mother and elder twin brothers standing beside him, smiling at the newly wed couple . While his father danced happily with his precious daughter.

Everything was fine and merry but it didn't last that way.

*SWOSH*

Suddenly , several black shadows entered the place, firing haphazard spells and curses at innocent and ignorant people.

The death eaters were here.

The tent which was seconds ago their castle of happiness , collapsed like tumbling blocks.

People ran here and there, some falling down to be stepped on while others pushing and pulling to step on others as they made their way to safety. This scene struck a realisation in Ron and he understood that the world is never entirely black and white and no one is completely innocent.

The hell has already descended, it seems.

Ron frantically looked around as he tried to find his family. From some distance, he heard his father shouting for his mother to take his sister and leave. He also saw Bill protectively hugging his new wife , Fluer, as he shot hexes at the men who disrupted one of his happiest memories.

Everyone was in mayhem . No one realised what happened and who went where.

No one will realise if he disappeared now.

This was the perfect chance. He knew that his family would be alright and protected. His father will never leave any option for that to happen and all his brothers were here as well. He knew that no matter what, they would be alright.

Ron silently lifted his wand. Coincidentally, his eyes caught the gaze of his elder brother, George . George was rapidly making his way towards Ron with Fred at his side. His face frowning and lips shouting something that couldn't be heard in the ruckus around, as if he knew what Ron was going to do. And probably , Ron thought, he might actually know.

When George saw the raised wand in his brother's hand, a bad premonition rose in his heart and he wildly started running towards his little brother, shouting at him to stop, to wait . As his words dissolved in the air, going unheard, the bile in his gut rose to his throat. The fear clawing the inside of his stomach.

Ron gave them a last smile , mouthing two words that he couldn't do himself before disappearing completely as his wand's magic sucked him in through its tip.

Ron disappeared and a hoarse and desperate cry rang out from George. He's gone. Their little brother's gone. Only leaving the two words that curdled his blood with dread :