Chapter 4 : Gains and advantages

Harry found himself sitting in a small compartment . In further observation, he realised that it was The Hogward's Express . He lifted his head to see Ron and Hermione sitting in front of him . One asleep while the other reading . He was clear that this was an illusion , still he was about to call out to his friends when a familiar voice sounded .

" Brat , ready for the first test ? "

"Yes ?" Harry was no stranger to tests . He had gone through plenty under Dumbledore's hand . Not finding it odd , he remained surprisingly calmy . But he would have liked a warning.

Suddenly , the voice grew serious as it said in a grave voice .

"Look , brat . This is a test , an exam . And an extremely difficult one at that . Many people have died inhere because they gave up in the middle of it . If you want to be a warrior , you have to go through it , have to stand in the face of death without flinching . No one knows what it actually is . It's different for everyone . And this is just the start . The future will be worse . So , I ask you for the last time . Do you still wish to do this ? "

" Yes . I will not back up from something I have promised ."

Harry did not hesitate to answer. In the numerous tests with Dumbledore , he was never given an option. He was just thrust right into it , without a warning or help , where he either had to move ahead or die . He hated that part of Dumbledore , of people . The part where they think that they know what should be done . This simple action gave Harry a favorable impression of the oldman's morals.

With a satisfied hum , he continued .

" Good , it has been a long tradition in The Pheonix Warriors . My master had me take it . I will have you take it . This test is made to push your limits in the most overwhelming way . It may be your deepest desire or your greatest fear or all of it together . I do not have tricks or clues to give you , kid. This is all about you . The only piece of advice I give you is - no matter what , Do Not Give Up . Keep going even if you feel you can't anymore . "

Harry solemnly nodded as the voice faded . In his heart , he already accepted the Oldman as his master* . Up till now he has given Harry no reason to not believe him and has also taken the vow . This shows where his interests lay clearly .

Harry noticed that the train stopped . With a newfound determination , he stood up .

" Get up Ron . We are here .", He said while shaking Ron awake .

"Hmm. "

With a sigh , Harry turned to Hermione as she closed her book and smacked Ron with it , immediately waking the boy . Ron shot up and looked at Hermione .

" Could you not do that ?" The look in Ron's eyes was of anger as he stood up and grabbed his luggage and turned to leave without a word to either of them .

They looked at each other after Ron left , shrugged and got busy collecting their own belongings .

Stepping out of the compartment , Harry looked ahead and the scene ahead stunned him to no end . Ahead of him were the two figures which were the only ones he saw in the mirror of Irsed .

His parents were here .

They looked older than the pictures he had of them . Time gifting them the wrinkles and reverence . They were talking with the Weasleys as they stood waiting for someone . Him maybe .

Wishing to indulge a little longer , he moved towards them . He did not know if the decision was right or wrong . As he came closer , he drew their attention .

" Harry . How was school ? A good year or not ?" A voice he never heard but always imagined .

His mother came forward and tenderly hugged him . Her frail arms could not even entirely wrap his shoulders as she whispered in a lovingly melody .