Chapter 6 :A threat is made

Draco and Harry walked side by side to the edge of the forbidden forest . Both in their heads thinking what to do now.

Stopping at the edge of the thick vegetation , Harry turned to Draco .

" We need to talk " ; Harry said in a resolute tone ,leaving no space for refusal .

They both knew that there was no way to hide things now . Both of them had revealed their ace cards . The only option they now had was a co-operation to attain their respective goals . Over that , they were handed this mysterious egg of unknown origin .

Harry stood there , searching Malfoy's eyes . He could see the helplessness , the tiredness and risk swirling in those silver eyes , like the dark blemishes on the face of fair moon . He kept his lips pursed tightly , his head bowed down.

" You know it's inevitable "; with a monotone voice Harry lists .

" I know what the situation demands of me , Potter . But what I do not know is your credibility . How do I trust you ?" ; Malfoy's voice was a mere whisper , filled with an empty void . The words brushing his ears like a frigid wind .

As they say , the one who experiences heavenly tribulation is the one most fearful as well as most thankful to the Heavens .Malfoy is still wary after the ordeal with his father .

"I believe I've proven my credibility enough , haven't I ? "; And it was true . Harry had no wish for unnecessary actions .

" Do not jest , Potter . There is no one alive who will not use a leverage in the time of peril . If you do not have a reason now then what about when you do ?" ; Malfoy said with a giggle in his voice like a fleeting mirth . He was still looking ahead , avoiding Harry's gaze .

The ones who don't understand the honeyed words will surely understand the language of threat. And Malfoy was exactly of this kind . And Harry was proficient in both .

Stepping forward to stand behind Malfoy , Harry caressed his ears , his fingers barely touching the skin , cold from the gloomy winds . His face so close to Draco's nape that he could see the faint veins running down beside his ears .

Harry's eyes darkened as he said in a voice similar to silence at the bottom of a deep dark sea , captivatingly haunting ," Carefully weigh your words , Malfoy . Once inside other's ears , they always stay there , no matter how much you wish you hadn't delivered them so "

Malfoy forgot that Harry had enough strength to turn the tables against him , in political situations as well as public image . Harry's word was enough to destroy him . He did not need leverage over Malfoy . He forgot that no matter how brave or good or righteous Harry was , power is an inevitable lure , especially in the form of control over his arch-nemesis , over someone like Draco Malfoy , especially Draco Malfoy .

Hand running down to his throat , gently rubbing the small protrusion . It was a wonder that the tiny ball wasn't running up and down but slightly trembling .

" Ahhh~ ever so perceptive , aren't you ?" ; Whispered Harry . He wanted Malfoy to remember this fear. Wanted him to remember what Harry could do to his life . But no matter how much he reminded , Malfoy always forgot . Such was the anatomy of Draco Malfoy , the threat was remembered but the fear it brought forgotten . The calamity was lost but the disaster it bought always stayed behind . But it didn't matter , Harry will keep on reminding him .

His hand lay on Malfoy's throat as he gently curled his fingers over it to cover the delicately translucent skin .

Malfoy was stiff as a rock . Harry , satisfied with his demonstration , smiled shallowly . His threat firmly grounded in Malfoy's skin , his nerves and memory .