Chapter 21: "Anything for you"

Inside the tent, Draco and Harry sat quietly. Draco softly held the small baby to his chest.

The awkward air floating about them. Harry's hesitance choked his words but he still somehow forced them out, "Draco, I will not give her up."

"I do not wish to discuss this now. For the time being, she needs both of us. Where she is going to stay after all of this is over….can be decided later."

Draco didn't look at Harry. His entire attention focused on the child in his arms.

A moment of silence prevailed.

"There won't be any discussion now or later. I won't give her up and nor would I let you leave." Harry's tone was firm and resolute.

Draco's head snapped to look at him with a displeased frown, "What do you mean, Potter?"

Harry looked at him dead in the eyes, not hiding an inch of his intentions, "Draco, do not tell me you are blind enough to not see my demands."

His balant words shocked Draco to his core. He didn't expect Harry to put it so directly and rudely.

Harry's eyes glowed a frightening emerald, filled with bone-deep affection and craze, "Do not tell me that you didn't notice my love and my lust for you."

Draco took an instinctive step back when he saw the emotions swimming in emerald eyes.

A pause and Harry's voice dwelled deeper in a hushed whisper in Draco's flushed ear, "Don't try to fool me, Draco. Not when you bloom under my touch just like how my kisses bloom on your skin."

His finger brushing under the marks on Draco’s neck, sending shivers through his skin.

Draco's eyes widened in panic. He truly believed that the red marks on his neck were insect bites.

Harry chuckled at the shock in Draco's eyes.

"Haha, Oh my dear, you are gullible, so defenseless…so open. You make it so easy for me, Draco."

Harry inches closer, crowding Draco's space, his warm breath brushing past panting lips,"Don't leave me, Draco."

He pleaded like a hopeless drunkard begging for a taste of the most precious wine in existence.

"I need you. I need you to relieve this longing ache in my bones and this madness in my brain. Without you, I-I’ll go insane."

Harry's eyes slowly took on a frantic fear, “If-…if you leave me, I don't know what I will do, what I will become.”

Draco's breath stopped and everything stilled as Harry's voice rang in the surrounding, "Don't take away my sanity, Draco."

The sound of their hurried breaths echoed around as the world fell still. A zing of electricity traveled through Draco's shocked nerves, bringing goosebumps on his pale skin.

Draco couldn't move his gaze away from deep emerald eyes. His own gray ones are wide and frowning. The shock and thrill of fear swirling in them.

"Draco, I bought the milk-", Pansy's voice suddenly broke the scene but stopped noticing the tense air and how close the two people were.

Draco hurriedly moved back, clearly escaping. Walking to sit on the cot, he gently cradled the baby carefully on his lap so as to make the baby comfortable in his arms, "Keep it on the table since she's still asleep. Did you remember to buy the bottle?"

"Yes, I already filled the milk in the bottle."

Pansy suspiciously looked between the two of them but still went over to keep the baby bottle filled to the brim with milk.