Chapter 15 : A Chapter of Causualities

The lift jerkily moved while throwing them here and there. After falling left and right and almost crushing their noses, the lift finally stopped on level 2.

Hermione and Pansy silently looked at Ron for a second while Harry stood there unbothered and calm.

Finally, Hermione said, " Ron , this is you "

Ron hesitantly looked at the circular corridor outside the lift and hesitantly asked, " What should I do about the rain ?"

Hermione good-naturedly answer, " Try Finete Incantatem "

" Okay " Ron said , as Pansy pushed him out and Ron felt that he was being pushed in the eighteenth layer of hell.

" Finete Incantatem . Okay "

The metal door of the lift closed with a clank and Ron stood there stumped.

" And what if that doesn't work ?" He asked , but the lift had already left with no one in sight.

" Okay . Okay " ,Ron said , before taking hesitant and unnoticeable shivering steps towards the sound of rain.

Harry , Hermione and Pansy stood in the lift as the lift stopped again this time on level 3. As the door was about to open Harry calmly said , " If we don't find Umbridge within an hour then we find Ron and come back another day . Deal ? "

Swift nods from both the women answered his words.

*Ting*

The door opened and in front of them , with pink all over like a pink panther but not as smart and not as pretty as well, stood Dolores Umbridge.

Pansy : "..."

Hermione : "..."

Harry : ( - _ - )

Umbridge said with a smile so sweet that it sent chills down their spin, " Oh ! Mathilda ! Nancy ! Trever sent you , did he ? Good , we'll go straight down "

She said before stepping into the lift. She turned to Harry and said, "Albert , weren't you getting out ?"

Harry maintained his calm and stepped out. Thin strands of sweat dropped down Hermione's forehead. Harry stepped forward without a look back .

The doors closed and Harry had a new understanding of anxiety . Taking stiff steps towards ..... somewhere.

As the rhythmic beat in the hallway grew near , Harry's steps grew heavier. Enter the hall, he was met with the sight of a group of about 70-100 people robotically .... stapling magazines ? The way they moved was mechanical , stiff and regular , precisely in sync. They seemed like someone cursed them with a dark , forbidden curse. And maybe they did.

Walking forward , something silently slipped out of his hand to soundlessly drop on the carpeted floor.

The small globes moved quickly and quietly making their way to every corner of the room. Minutes passed and Harry counted in his head , ' One ....Two...'

A second of mind numbing silence ticked by.

' And three ! '

*PooOOOM !*

*CLICK CLANK !*

*BOOM !*

Sounds rang out from the entire room , the splash of colors accompanying them. People ran here and there , some even hid under their desk. As chaos descended , Harry stealthily made his way into the office of Umbridge.