Chapter 19: The Night and His Moon

Dedicated to KilluaahZoldyckk

Hermione silently sat beside an asleep Pansy. The girl had come distraught to her tent in the middle of the night after finding that Draco had disappeared.

It soon came to their notice that Harry was nowhere to be found as well. Hermione had quickly sent the elves and the boys to search the forest around while she stayed back with Pansy.

Pansy was already in a weak condition and needed ample rest. Hermione didn't forget this detail.

After the reassurance from Hermione, Pansy's body had finally given up and collapsed from exhaustion.

Hermione gently shifted her to lie in a comfortable position. She carefully picked her up like a groom lifting his bride on the wedding night and cautiously lowered her on the bed. Her arms had become considerably strong by holding heavy books everyday for almost a decade.

Her hand slowly stroked the black and silky strands of hair. The smooth touch was very pleasant as the curls intertwined around her fingers.

She cautiously and unconsciously bent down, lifting the tresses in her fingers to her nose.

A deep breath full of aroma invaded her nose and a heady buzz sounded in her brain. The floral aroma smelled even more delectable by mixing in the scent of the forest surrounding them.

'So fragrant', Hermione thought, as her eyes darkened with a covetous daze.

She took another sniff as if a starving beast. The scent was as addictive as it was sweet. Only one breath wasn't enough.

'Truly heavenly', She thought as she kept on hungrily taking lungful of the scent.

Hermione subconsciously leaned further forward when, as if having a nightmare, Pansy shifted in her sleep.

Hermione's figure, as if struck by lightning, instantly flew back. Horror was clear in her eyes as the fog of intoxication cleared from her head and she looked at the sleeping figure.

'What was I doing ? How-how could I-?!' Her mind roared, horrified by her own behaviour. 'Like a perverse molester, How can I even do this ?!'

Her numb legs collapsed as she plopped on the floor. Drawing her knees up, she gazed at the beautiful body on the bed, 'What happened to me ?'

Her gaze looking at Pansy gleamed as if seeping despair, 'What would have happened if she had woken up?'  The question lingered before Hermione's gaze grew even more despairing, 'She would hate me if she knew, wouldn't she ?'

The despair grew into grievance in her eyes. Hermione was lost in her thoughts when a loud bang echoed outside, spontaneously waking Pansy as well.

Their eyes met in the air and both them sprinted outside, their wands ready and gaze alert.

Harry landed on the ground with a thump first and hastily held out his arms to catch Draco as he landed on top of Harry, his whole body protectively curled around the huge egg.

Draco quickly scrambled off from Harry. His gaze panicked as he saw the bloody pit on Harry's shoulder and the crack on eggie's shell.

Harry sensed the disarmed emotions in Draco and tightly grasped his shoulder.
Enduring the pain, he looked firmly into Draco's eyes and steadily said, "Help me, Draco."

As soon as the words fell, a sense of blankness spread in Draco's consciousness, only a sense of firmness to save Harry remained.

'I have to remain calm. If I don't remain calm and save Potter then who is going to?' ,Discarding all the useless and tangled thoughts, he focused on Harry and eggie.