Chapter 2 : Puffy , scowly kitty

The moon soon disappeared and a new day started . Draco woke up to the fluttering of curtains and warm sunlight on his face .

Madame Pomfrey walked to him with a brand new uniform and with her eyes checking for any discomfort on his body and said ," Mr. Malfoy , you are already healed and can attend your classes . But remember to not tire yourself out and take care of your health . In addition , take this once a day before sleep to regain the lost energy . "

Saying this , she kept the neatly folded uniform down and walked away to soon return with a bottle of red pills . There were hardly 10 pills inside . Keeping the bottle beside his clothes , she continued ," By the time you empty his bottle , your body will fully recover from the physical injuries and magical deficiency . Now , hurry up . Breakfast will be served within the next hour . "

Draco hurriedly changes his clothes behind his bed curtains and left the infirmary . He walked towards the Slytherin dormitory . His mind wandered to the events of last night . He was still not clear if it was reality . The bruises on his arms were throbbing but he did not know if it was just the residual psychic sensation from a weird dream or actual pain .

There was a reason why Draco never asked for help , why he never pursued friendship with people not connected to Voldemort , why he made an enemy of Harry even after growing out of his immaturity . And he was not going to change that anytime soon. Draco was bound in one way or another to all of this that was happening . And he knew that if he kept going the same , he was going to end up in tragedy , if he wanted or not , possibly even lose everything . The only way to be safe was to somehow cut all the connections he had with Voldemort . It seemed almost impossible but he was going to try . He wasn't going to give up just like that .

Last summer he searched through the whole library in Malfoy mansion , wanting to know anything and everything that could help . The pro was that everyone thought that he was doing it to spend the summer away and no-one suspected anything . Con was that it took too much time .

The first thing he has to do was to find a way to get rid of the dark mark . The library back at the mansion barely had anything . With this option gone , the other option he had was the Hogward's library . The book Draco needed was probably in the restricted section but to get there he needed the permission from a professor , which was nearly impossible . He cannot go to his godfather even if he knew that Snape would never do anything to harm him , still the risk was too great . So , the only other way was to make another professor give him permission .

Draco's head was running miles per second thinking about this when he realised he had reached the dormitory. He swiftly made his way into his room to change his clothes and groom himself to perfection . He grabbed his books before making his way to the Great Hall for breakfast and took his seat at the Slytherin table beside Blaise . His head was still running in a thousand directions while he piled his plate and made the usual greetings .

No one asked him about his stay at the infirmary . It was an unspoken rule between the Slytherins that privacy is above all . If you need help , you ask for it . No one is going to offer it for free . Being in Slytherin was automatically swearing loyalty to your group and peers . If one goes down , all go down with him . If one rises up , he pulls the rest with him.

Draco knows that they care and worry and he also wants to tell them but this might unknowingly pull someone totally away from it into the mess , if it spreads . So he keeps his mouth shut as his mates keep giving him glances and stares but do not utter a word .

The breakfast ends and ' the silver trio' , as they like to call themselves , make their way to their first class . With Blaise on his left and pancy on his right, Draco walked the corridor as if it was a ramp . His lithe body moving like how a leopard had its leisure walks.