Chapter 56

"What was that? Are you awake?" I opened my eyes to see madam Pomfrey staring over me. My head was pounding and I felt terrible. "You're in the hospital wing dear, you were attacked." I looked around, "no, no. I don't want to be here. I have to go. I need Cedric." I was panicking and shaking, my whole body was in pain. "No dear I need you to calm down." I pulled away from her screaming in pain. "NO. NO. GET ME CEDRIC." I was sobbing loudly searching frantically for my boyfriend, for our house, those two kids, the canoe anything. "CEDRIC." She was trying to hold me down, and I was in such pain I didn't notice Fred and George running in. George sat down holding me tightly so I was no longer thrusting around. "It's okay Alyssa, breathe." I was gasping for air. "I saw him. Cedric please. Just get off me." I screamed. He didn't let go and I turned away from everyone else burying my head in his shoulder. "I want to go back." He hugged me closer, "I know Lyss, but we want you here. You're our best friend." Fred sat down on the other side of me, "we know you miss him." Madam Pomfrey sighed softly. "Hold her still boys." They held me down tightly, and all the fight I had just left my body.

"Wake up now." I felt hands on my arm softly shaking me awake. I opened my eyes slowly, seeing many of my professors staring down at me. "You're alright now." McGonagall assured me. I looked away feeling defeated. "Do you know what happened?" Dumbledore asked. "No no I don't. One second I was walking, and the next I was being attacked. And that was the best thing that ever happened to me. I saw Cedric, and I want to go back." Snape looked at me confused, "you almost died." Madam Pomfrey stepped up placing a cloth on my forehead. "You've been out for a week. I'd like to think you could sit up. Should we try." I shrugged putting my hands beside me slowly pushing myself up. "Does it hurt?" I nodded, "yes, but I'm sure it's expected too." Dumbledore shooed them all out of the room. "Are you good enough to go home for holidays. I want to tell you one more thing. Arthur Weasley was also attacked believed to be by the same beast." I put my head in my hands. "Is he alright?" Dumbledore nodded, "yes he's healing just fine. Remus and Sirius won't stop writing. They want to see you. So does Harry. He found you, you know."

I didn't want to talk about Harry, or anything else I wanted to see Cedric again. "Did you know someone could die? In the tournament?" Dumbledore sat down, "I knew it was possible I didn't think Cedric would have had anything to worry about. He was a great wizard. And what happened to him, there was nothing any wizard could've done it was just too fast." I nodded, "I forced Harry to give me the memory, and I watched Peter kill him." I felt his arm on my shoulder. "That must've been hard." I shrugged, "I wasn't ready to see it that was definite. But I saw Cedric again, it was strange but I need to go back." Dumbledore raised his eyebrow, "would Cedric want you to die? Listen Alyssa a lot has happened to you, and you're not going to forget that. But you've pushed through. You and Harry are the strongest students I have ever met. Truly." I gave him a small smile. "I would like to go home." He nodded standing up, "than you shall. Unfortunately I don't think you'll be moving around much but you can see them all again." He held out his hand and I painfully raised mine clutching it tightly.

We landed and I groaned bending over, it was too much. When I looked beside me I noticed Dumbledore wasn't there anymore. I collapsed onto the ground trying to grab the wall for support. "Alyssa?" Sirius asked standing up. I slowly looked up, and Remus rushed over pulling me up. "Dont let them all see me." I whispered to Remus. He helped me to the couch, noting that I wouldn't be good on the stairs right now.

I lay back staring at the ceiling. "Sweetheart." Sirius knelt down beside me holding my hand. "Dumbledore really dropped me off lightly." They both smiled looking at me with pure sympathy. "I'm alright, I promise." Remus sat down beside me, "that's not what we've been told." Sirius nodded, "Fred and George, they said..." I shook my head, "I don't want to talk about what they said. I wasn't in my right head." My eyes were feeling heavy. "You should rest." I gave them a small smile, "you should both stay here. Please." Sirius made himself comfortable quick, "well I thought you'd never ask." I nodded knowing I was drifting off, "I love you."