Chapter 59

At breakfast the next morning a paper was thrown down right in front of me, "this was my summer." I saw Draco standing in front of me, "stay away from snakes, and stay away from these people if you want to live." I watched him storm away, confused about our interaction. "Alyssa, this is your aunt, isn't it?" I looked down at the Daily Prophet, and on the very front page was a picture of Bellatrix Lestrange, I only had to look at it to know she had escaped Azkaban. "Get that away from me." I hissed. George quickly grabbed it, and I put my head in my hands. The thought of that woman running around terrified me.

I stood up leaving the table immediately. I clamped my hand over my mouth sliding down the castle wall. Harry ran out after me putting his arm around me. "This is bad," I whispered. He nodded, leaning his head back too. "I don't know if I can fight him again." I grabbed his hand, "you have to, for Cedric, your family. We're getting back, and I am going to kill Peter, with you." Harry nodded, "Peter's a rat." I sighed, "we should get going, don't you have an army to train?" He shook his head, "No, we have an army to train."

I followed him to the room of requirements, and was amazed when I saw how many people had shown up. Harry pulled me to the front with him where Hermione and Ron were waiting. "Hope you all had a good holidays. Alyssa will be joining us, I'd watch out she took on a brutal snake, I mean she lost clearly." I hit him, trying to hold back my smile. "But she survived, and thats my point here, this girls strong, she is tough, and she's also my best friend." I nodded pulling out my wand, "who's ready?" everyone held there's up as well, and we began. Many of the spells they were using weren't new to me, I was good at them. I had many perfected before I walked into this room.

We were taking a small break, when one of Cedric's old friends raised her hand. "Do you think if Cedric knew these, he would still be alive?" I shook my head, "No because he knew all of them, he was great at them, he just wasn't prepared. He was confused, he didn't know where he was then or who he was fighting." She nodded, "I want to be ready." I smiled, "I can tell you one thing, Cedric would want you all to be ready, he is rooting for all of us right now, and you as his fellow class mates owe it to him, fight hard, learn these spells. He died for us, for Hogwarts, and we shouldn't forget that." George held up his wand, and a small light shone out of the top. Everyone else followed in suit, "thank you." I whispered, holding up my own. I felt Harry squeeze my hand, "I wish you were here from day one."

I felt everything shake looking at Harry confused. A small hole had been blasted into the entrance. "get back," I screamed. The wall exploded sending me backwards, and when I looked up it was completely gone. "Get them," Umbridge hollered. I saw my brother and many of his friends staring at us. Harry was dragged away and I was left standing there in shock. "What the hell are you doing?" Draco asked. I rolled my eyes, "what do you think we're doing, learning how to fight how to protect ourselves Draco. There is a war coming and I know what side I want to be on. Do you?" He didn't answer. "Draco, evil doesn't win. You should know that." He shook his head, "good isn't going to win this time Alyssa you should know that. Just look at yourself." I left the room going straight to my dorm. Hermione gave me a small smile, "OWLS are soon and I can barely study." I laughed, "that doesn't sound like you."

Three days later I made my way to the great hall for OWLs, I hadn't studied much but I knew what I was doing. I was almost finished when fireworks began going off in the hall. I watched as Umbridge left to check it out and the moment she opened the door I saw Fred and George flying around on their brooms setting off more fireworks. Everyone began cheering and I looked at Harry and together we stood up running outside. Students were laughing and applauding the twins work and I couldn't help but do the same. Until I felt Harry drop. "Harry?" I whispered grabbing his face. "What's wrong? Talk to me?" His eyes looked up at mine, and I could tell he was terrified. "It's Sirius." My heart dropped and I was struggling to find words. "Get up. Now."