Chapter 24

I was feeling extra tired tonight and almost instantly fell asleep, my brain felt fuzzy and I felt sick once again.

      I sat down on the ground of my family's home, it looked like I was in the basement. "Stupid pathetic little girl." My father hissed walking out in front of me. "What do you want?" I hissed. He smiled smug, "you know what I want. I want you dead." I took a deep breath pushing myself backwards away from him. "There's no escaping. Narcissa, Draco down here." My mother and brother came down the stairs both glaring at me. "You will pay." Father spat. Then he nodded at them and they both raised their wands at me. "CRUCIO." I screamed in agony up against the wall, twitching trying to escape the curse. "STOP." I begged. "MUM PLEASE. PLEASE STOP." I was crying in pain, "Draco don't let them do this please." It was becoming unbearable, "IM SORRY, IM SO SO SORRY." I then turned to my father, "I hope they kill you."

"ALYSSA." I shot up gasping for air, my entire face felt wet. I turned to my pillow seeing a giant patch from my tears. "What's going on?" Remus asked looking at me very concerned. My arms and hands were shaking that curse had felt too real. Sirius sat down beside me on the bed pulling me into his shoulder. "Just breathe." Remus handed me a cup of water. I wiped all the tears off my face, feeling extremely embarrassed. Sirius rubbed my back and I was still trying to calm down. "Can you tell us what happened?" I sighed, "it was just a stupid dream, I'm sorry." Remus nodded, "do you want to talk about it? It may help." I bit my lip unsure whether or not to tell them. "Let us help." I looked down, "it was just my family, they were all torturing me. Stupid, I know." Sirius hugged me a little tighter, "it's not stupid. Trust me I know." I wiped my eyes one more time. "I'll sit with you until you fall asleep again." Remus suggested sitting back. Sirius pulled the blankets over my head sitting back down on the bed. "We both will. You're safe here Alyssa, try to get some sleep." I lay back down staring at the ceiling. "Are you going to try to sleep?" Remus asked. I shook my head, "I'm not tired." He sighed, "so now you're not hungry or tired? You need to take care of your body." I groaned not interested in a lecture. "He's not wrong you know." Sirius added. I pulled the blankets closer to my face miserably replying. "Just keep talking, I'm sure I'll fall asleep." They looked at each other in disbelief. "I never realized how moody teenagers could be." Remus scoffed. Sirius smiled, "this one especially." I turned away from them. "Oh come on now we're just joking." I tried to stop more tears from rolling out of my eyes I didn't like crying, especially not in front of other people. "He was trying to kill me." I sniffled. Remus walked over to the other side of the bed, kneeling down in front of me. "That's why I asked for help, my mom was trying to stop him, I know that, but there's no way she would've been able to." I bit my lip again to keep from crying more. "What if he finds out I'm here? He will hurt you as well won't he?" Sirius shook his head, "no one can get in here without my permission. Especially Lucious." I sighed, "it's just hard, knowing how much he did care for me." Remus nodded, "I know. All I can say is try and push forward. Don't let that family hurt you here too." Sirius agreed, "we're your family, wouldn't you say?" I smiled softly, "I guess so." He sat back against my bed frame, "does this mean I'm the responsible one or is that you Remus?" I tried to hold back my laughter, "not you Sirius." He threw a pillow at me, "what was that kid?" I held my arm up in defence, "I'm sorry." He hit me once more with the pillow before setting it down. I shut my eyes trying to drift off, listening to Sirius and Remus' background conversation.

When I sat up early the next morning Remus was passed out in the chair and Sirius was laying down beside me, asleep. I groaned thinking about my nightmare last night, it was embarrassing that someone my age was having bad dreams. Remus shifted, opening his eyes slowly. "Morning." He said smiling. I sat up slowly rubbing my eyes, "I'm sorry, I don't know what happened." He shrugged standing up, "you're scared, and you have every right to be. Come on we'll get you something to eat." I grabbed my sweater following him downstairs, sitting down at the table.